Hell Mutt

9 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 22, 2000 - 01:32 PM

Any one really happy with their helmet? I now have Fox 360 pants - I love 'em, Alpinestar Tech 8 boots - would not ride with anything else, but still have the cheapo helmet. Any suggestions or comments on what to get?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 22, 2000 - 02:29 PM

Shoei VFX, very comfortable, but pricey.

• Heywood

Posted June 22, 2000 - 03:06 PM

Arai VX-Pro - Sweet but pricey.

MX South had them for about $280.00 (solids) awhile back, but they didn't have my size (XXL). I showed the price to my local shop and they got me one for $310.00.

A couple of my buddies have the Shoei VFX and they love'em. I tried one of those on, but the Arai fit me better.

Be sure and try it on before you buy.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 22, 2000 - 03:47 PM

I actually have a Bell Moto7, and I love it. But given the choice I would go with the Shoei VFX-R. Thats one sweet helmet. They just dont fit me. (the new ones)

Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 22, 2000 - 03:48 PM

Ive got an AXO and a Shoei VFX,cant remember the model AXO,but its a carbon fiber. Helmets are very comparable,but I prefer the AXO because of weight. When you hold one compared to the other you don't notice it,but you can really tellwhile your riding. The AXO stays cooler also. Remember if you have a K-mart head buy a K-mart helmet. Price is cheap on any helmet compared to Medical bills.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted June 22, 2000 - 09:09 PM

KBC are my 3 letter to you! :)
They're made in the same factry as the Oneal hemlmets with different name on the side.. also cheap, comfortable and good looking.

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 23, 2000 - 03:57 AM

I`ll give my vote to Lazer Xpro ,it`s a very nice helmet to a low price ,washable interior

-00 wr4

• Bill

Posted June 23, 2000 - 08:12 AM

HJC, excellent quality, fit and finish.

You should always try the helmet on before buying. The difference in sizes and fit is huge. I'm lucky to have a very large shop about an hour away and I tried several brands with the "same size" and they ALL felt different.

Do you have all of the other gear? Elbow, knee/shin, kidney belt and chest protector?

Keep in mind everyone that the affects of not using a kidney belt may not be realized today but tomorrow??????? No Depends for me.....They don't look good under my Oneals!

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Scott

Posted June 23, 2000 - 12:54 PM

Bell Moto-6 for me. I like it. Light, white and fairly inexpensive compared to most.

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed,YZ tank and seat,13 tooth sprocket, Still doesn't make me a very good rider.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 26, 2000 - 01:57 AM

Check out www.midwestmoto.com

They have a clearance on Xtreme Works helmets, in med and large, in blue/white.
Reg priced at ~$220 for $99.00!!!!
I am thinking about buying one just because!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.