Reworked front forks, well worth it.

2 replies to this topic
  • William

Posted June 23, 2000 - 12:10 PM

Just had my forks redone by Works Enduro Rider, what a change.

First, I'am 220 lb and ride woods lots of rocks and roots, with the stock shocks it was always bouncy just a little spooky sometimes, Works put in lighter springs and revalved it, it is now so plush and eats up the roots and rocks and everything else, just in the first 1/2 hr of riding i was going atleast 25% faster, i even had to put more air in the front tire because of my extra speed, 13 to 15 psi to keep the tire from bottoming out.

Now maybe the rear shock, with a bad saddle, yea.

------------------
2000 WR400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 23, 2000 - 02:09 PM

Pro Action did my forks. I weigh 170# and PA went to 45 springs on my forks. That, and their 3 stage valving completed the job.
My forks are MUCH more compliant. I paid $310 for my forks. I think the shock can be dialed in stock to perform better. I need to play with it more.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark, fork job by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 25, 2000 - 03:26 PM

Im not too steeped in knowledge on suspension stuff but I am about the same weight as you william. How come they went with lighter fork springs? I thought the stock springs are too light as is. I was considering getting some heavier springs for my bike but Im not sure now.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.