Carb Technology 2-Smokes vs. 4-Strokes

21 replies to this topic
  • WR400_Jay

Posted June 25, 2000 - 04:51 PM

Kevin I got some of the charts that James Dean has developed and I'm going to buy two new needles from Sudco this week. I've been experiencing the lean problem right about 3/4 throttle and I get a pop then the bike doesn't seem to pull as hard.

I'll let you guys know next weekend what my results are with the two different needles.

Thanks James!

00'WR400 75'Yamaha 250 enduro
White e-Series S-bend 12 discs, Yz timed, rejetted to Clark specs, throttle stop cut, lid removed, Topar Racing top clamp, Tag Metals T2 bars, Scotts damper, Devol disc guard and frame guards, lights removed, Cr routed Fastline brakeline, Acerbis Rally pro hand guards fastened to the top clamp, Gel grips Live in Southwest Ohio

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted June 25, 2000 - 06:20 PM

James Dean

When you switch to YZ timing for sure you will experience a richening on the bottom. The WR timing pulls more air down low than the YZ. You will have to fiddle with the fuel screw and maybe the pilot. Whenever you settle on your needle recommendations make sure you let us KNOW we are all waiting. As I have stated may times in the past this bike is dominated by the needle circuit and James in close to the decoder ring!!!! all right!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.