Fork swap on XR 650R

9 replies to this topic
  • jk9270

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Anyone know if a fork from a crf 450 would work on a XR 650R? I'm looking for a boost in performance and to save a little weight.

• tdamore

Posted July 26, 2007 - 01:03 AM

Use the search, I think it's been covered in here a couple of times. Oh and welcome too!

• Kenaroo

Posted July 27, 2007 - 07:40 PM

I purchased my forks from ebay.
bought the emig racing clamps set up for the swap.
revalved/sprung forks to my liking and hit the trails.

so here's what I notice.

Looks cool and updates the bike
lost initial suppelness but gained a firm more precise feel in the front end that I like.

can jump anything now without the harshness or hard bottoming.. took mine to the MX track and hit the doubles and whoops with ease.

Much better at speed when you hit a "g" out or a ditch in the desert.

all the other XR650R riders around me are jelous :applause:

• rcnutt

Posted July 27, 2007 - 09:31 PM

pics man....pics

• hill5150

Posted July 27, 2007 - 09:47 PM

Realistically ,you dont need another fork, the fork that is on the pig is great 4 a 160 lb pd guy if you are over that take it to Barnums or PC and you will mosh 80 MPH or more Dez and have a real big smile on your face...godspeed.....:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRMANU

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Anyone know if a fork from a crf 450 would work on a XR 650R? I'm looking for a boost in performance and to save a little weight.

http://home.comcast....c/CRFClampMods/

• Huffa 2

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Realistically ,you dont need another fork, the fork that is on the pig is great 4 a 160 lb pd guy if you are over that take it to Barnums or PC and you will mosh 80 MPH or more Dez and have a real big smile on your face...godspeed.....:applause:

It's true, cool bling for sure but you or at least 99.9% of all riders really don't need it for what the bike is designed for.

• Rockjockey

Posted July 28, 2007 - 05:20 PM

I did this conversion to my 440 and it really brought the suspension into the twenty first century. I used the Showa twin chambered forks from a 2004 CRF250 had them revalved using Factory Connection (very soft for enduro work) and added Air Cells, made the ride like buttah. I've almost completed collecting the parts to make this conversion on my 650L. Should be better than the forks Honda supplied us with. I've got the forks, clamps, stem, brake,bar mounts, wheel, guards, and LED signals.
Has anyone else here done this yet?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mackmack

Posted August 01, 2007 - 11:31 AM

YOU guys are nuts .... the xr 650r fork feel waay better offroad than the crf 450 inverts..

here my PLATED 07 450 sxf with xr 650 forks

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted August 01, 2007 - 11:40 AM

YOU guys are nuts .... the xr 650r fork feel waay better offroad than the crf 450 inverts..

here my PLATED 07 450 sxf with xr 650 forks

Posted Image

never seen that done!! looks good man!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.