TIP: Cheap bar risers

2 replies to this topic
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted June 21, 2000 - 09:41 PM

Saw this in an Aussie mag.

Go to bike shop and buy another set of bar clamps (clamps that bolt handlebars to clamp)
Make sure they've got a flat top and not curved.
Place new clamps upside down on lower mounts on the triple clamp, place bars on these upside down clamps and now place stock upper clamps on top of bar.
Bolt together with a set of new 'longer' bolts.

This is a REAL CHEAP way of raiseing your bars.. when I mentioned it to the guys at the bike shop he took me out the back and showed me his KX500 which has them on (and has done for about 5 years!)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto-Mike

Posted June 22, 2000 - 03:05 PM

Great idea Matt! I was really dreading the idea of buying a new set of taller aluminum bars. Thanks for the tip.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 22, 2000 - 09:07 PM

Best thing is its VERY cheap and effective!! :) :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.