MOAB Ride - In Australasian Dirt Bike Magazine

13 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 15, 2000 - 02:23 PM

Bryan and I put together a little article that highlights his web page as well as the Unofficial ride in October.

I forwarded the article to an Acquaintance in ADB and he indicated that it is certainly good news and that people should know about it. As such, the article in going in either the July or August issue of the mag.

Three Cheers for Bryan.....

Motard Mitch

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 15, 2000 - 04:08 PM

Seriously, have you ever thought of going into politics? I'll vote for you, Pal!!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 15, 2000 - 04:22 PM

Hey Kevin,

Yes, seriously. I know Andy pretty well. We have had a few drinks and I keep him upto date on the Super Motard series.

Cant wait to see the article and I hope it ends up in the July issue. I am also going to try a few US mags and see if they are interested in such an article. It would promote Bryan's web page and may even get him some money. Hey, all we can do is try.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 15, 2000 - 05:06 PM

I thought about giving the AMA mag guys a heads up...???

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 15, 2000 - 05:12 PM

I would probably check with Bryan first.

If this gets out and 100 people turn upto the ride, then there could be alot of issues that come out of it.

Anyways, things are movin g along and we have about 22 definates for the Moab weekend. If we include all the maybe's, we are looking at 30+ riders.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 15, 2000 - 08:54 PM

If everyone shows that claims they'll show, that would be fantastic!!

I had a surprise birthday party for my wife in April. 2/3 of the people didn't show. I was pretty hurt for my wifes sake. She was happy, but I knew the truth...

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 15, 2000 - 09:06 PM

Kevin & Mitch,
I'm a definate (already spoke w/Mitch) and the only 2 things that will keep me from being there are my untimely death (hope not :) ) or serious injury that prevents me from getting on the bike. I don't know about you guys but this Moab trip is pretty much all I've been thinking about - it's like X-mas for a kid.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted June 16, 2000 - 12:01 AM

Just be careful advertising the ride, the way it is now it's a group of freinds that are getting together. If you advertise it and lost of strangers turn up to an "organised ride" and some gets hurt that can be grounds for legal action. I know that a few big rides in Oz that last year were only for registered bikes and riders with a bike license, this was for insurance reasons.

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 18, 2000 - 03:04 PM

Good call Rod,

Bryan, something to think about. I think we may need to get the group to agree, in some way, as to not hold either yourself or my responsible for any accident/injury/etc....

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 19, 2000 - 03:36 PM

Sadly enough, I'l have to agree w/ this "legal" issue. I have heard enough about family members suing each other.

If someone gets seriously hurt, maimed, or killed, what would keep another family member from gaining financially from the event to "Compensate" for damages/loss?

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted June 22, 2000 - 10:16 AM

Sounds like the makings for a great trip, I hadnt even considered, the possibility that I could get, hurt, maimed or killed, I mean even one out of the three would be great. I should buy extra insurance just on the good fortune that I may be horribly dismembered. Man I cant wait for Moab, I can see the local headlines now, Gang of blue motorcyclists, drives off cliff, or starts local bar fight, drinks town dry, yamaha riders banned forever.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 22, 2000 - 11:07 AM

Pie Man,
Your humor resembles mine. I thought I was alone in my humorus little world!!

"Drinks town dry"...quite funny!

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 23, 2000 - 03:48 AM

Pie man,
You forgot "Local sheep in terror" :) .

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 23, 2000 - 05:15 AM

Mike in SV,
You just made my list too!!

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark, fork job by Pro Action.

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.