YZF 426 has no spark

5 replies to this topic
  • mikeYZF

Posted July 25, 2007 - 06:50 PM

The spark plug coil shows good continuity on primary side but none between ground and the sparkplug. On the CDI magneto the pick up coil tested good but no reading on source coil 1 or 2. Any ideas??? The year of the bike is 2000.

• FLjoyride

Posted July 26, 2007 - 04:45 AM

what kind of meter are you using..? on the source coils the resistance is in Kili ohms(the number X 1000 in actual ohms) so the risistance is very high, and you need to set your meter on the appropriate setting. The ignition coil has the opposite, very low resistance. If you measured the ignition coil resistance then went ahead and measured the source coil resistance without changing the meter then you wouldn't get a good reading if any at all.

• FLjoyride

Posted July 26, 2007 - 04:46 AM

oh, welcome to TT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeYZF

Posted July 26, 2007 - 02:50 PM

Thx FLjoyride. We done it just like you have explained and that is what we came up with. Im afraid that its going to take a new stator just like Atropine's bike. Do you know anywhere that has good prices on stators?

• FLjoyride

Posted July 27, 2007 - 06:28 AM

Here on thunpertalk there are good prices on new stuff, if you wanted to go used you could try ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWD1V

check the TT classifieds too once in awhile there will be someone parting out their bike.

• crazyal426

Posted July 27, 2007 - 09:48 PM

Silly question for you; Did you change the spark plug. I have had the silliest things foul my 426. The plug will look good but no spark. New plug, good spark. Just a thought. Good luck

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.