LONG LASTING SPARK PLUGS

3 replies to this topic
  • gbernard

Posted June 22, 2000 - 02:56 AM

HOW LONG SHOULD A STARNDED PLUG LAST. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MINE SINCE NEW,OCTOBER 1998. HAVE NOT EVEN PULLED IT OUT TO CHECK IT :) IT STILL STARTS EVERY 1st OR 2nd KICK HOT OR COLD. HOW LONG DO YOUR PLUGS AND DOSE ANYONE USE LONGLIFE/PERFORMANCE PLUGS AND TO WHAT ADVANTAGE.

98WR MODS, PIPE,BARS,BASH PLATE,GOLD VAVLES,NO AIR BOX LID, VORTEX IGNITION,ETC.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 22, 2000 - 08:11 AM

Feel lucky your jetting hasn't fouled it out!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_Rohrich

Posted June 22, 2000 - 08:17 AM

I'm curious. Why would you go to the trouble of putting on a great upgrade like the Vortex ignition, then penny pinch on a 3 dollar part? Am I missing something?

Rich (Mr. Curious)

• Bill

Posted June 22, 2000 - 08:24 AM

Performance/longlasting plugs are a big deabte just like oils, synthetic vs. "car" oil vs. "bike oil". As Kevin said feel lucky. I have a buddy that swears by Splitfires and I've seen people post that Nippondenso's are the best.

I have tried the std NGK and the fine wire platinum NGK and have fouled all with no problem. I now am using the same std NGK for the last two months. This is the longest a plug has ever ran in my bike after I changed my exhaust and removed the airbox lid...thanks to Clark Bryan and the others who post here.

Change the plug once a year, keep the old one as a spare and keep praying to the plug god. It appears to be working!

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.