99 wr400f bars and tires

2 replies to this topic
  • yamofo13

Posted July 25, 2007 - 05:50 PM

God I love this bike, but after a few years of single track wooded riding i need a few new things and was looking for some insight. I need a new set of handle bars, mine are a bit bent from a few dumps off into the trees, any suggestions for a set of bars more upright like the newer wr's? Oh and I am also looking for new front and rear knobbies and heard something about a "michigan knobbie" that dunlop makes, anyone hear anything about this thing? I need a front with less width than my stock, any suggestions? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dlt333

Posted July 25, 2007 - 06:15 PM

I have a WR 450 and it came with Dunlop 756's - and I ride in MI also - and they work ok for stock tires - some guy's like the Kenda Southwicks - which are supposedly great in soft (Michigan trails) but they don't have good durability - 1 year and then replace.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 25, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I still can't believe people get more than 300 miles out of a rear tire on this bike. I'm at 145 miles and the rear is almost done.

Bars: Pro taper contour CR mid bend
Tires: D 756 front, trials tire (for your conditions)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.