'00 YZ Triple Clamp on '99 WR

2 replies to this topic
  • Heywood

Posted June 21, 2000 - 04:28 PM

I have a friend who just got a new 426. He put a Pro Circuit Triple Clamp on it after one ride.

I have been thinking about a Clamp and/or Damper purchase, but have been hesitant because of the cost. I remembered Yamaha moved the bars forward on the '00 models so I got my buddy's old clamp and sure enough, it bolted right up.

I haven't ridden it yet, but I am looking forward to trying it out.

This is an option for other "economically challenged" riders that want the forward bar position, but can't afford a new clamp. All you have to do is find someone who wants to part with their stocker.

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 06-21-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Airastro

Posted June 21, 2000 - 05:26 PM

I have a 00 426. I believe the stock clamp is 10 mm forward from previous versions. I installed an applied clamp due to oversize bars (Renthal's). I am running the Applied clamp with the mounts in the forward position which moves the bars forward even more. I had a 98 YZ 250 that had the old style clamps. The 00 426 clamps are a big difference over the old clamps. If anyone is interested I have my stock clamps and am willing to sell them.

• Bill

Posted June 22, 2000 - 02:34 AM

I'm interested in your clamps. What do you want for them? and where are you located?

Email me at bhall@wallace.com

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.