Hey TW - What plans do you have for Colo?

I saw you'd be visiting Divide Colorado. I take it you are planning on riding the Divide/Woodland Park trail system. Give us an idea what you have in mind. Love to hook up with you!

For a decent trail map of the area contact:

Victor Johnson

Thunder Trail Navigation

3355 Simmelink Loop

Colorado Springs, CO 80916

(719) 391-1034

Send him an email at thundertrail@earthlink.net

Jake

Originally posted by TW:

For any of the Colorado guy's, a few of us from the NE, SD area will be going to the Inyan Kara enduro in wyoming. If your there stop by and have a cold one(black ford dually white horse trailer, NE plates).

Been there, done that, it won ? I ran the Inyan Kara a couple years back. Wow, it was beyond tight and not around the trees, but through them! I sheaded my jersey and my arms and neck were bleeding - all without falling. We're all gearing up for the Divide Enduro - it's sort of our home field.

Let's stay in touch for August. Mid-week rides are the way to go anywhere near Denver. If you're up for a short drive, we'd be glad to show off some other spots. Maybe, we could get together in Breakenridge for 'Red Cone' or Salida for the 'Rainbow trail.'

Wish you well in Upton. The weather looks warm and dust is better than mud and slick roots up there!

Jake

Short drive no problem, I'm up for about anything Jake.

I'll give a ride report on monday and tell you how I faired and what I thought of the ride. Will be doing a couple of day's trail riding in the Black Hills before hand. Although after reading Bryan's and Scott h's enduro reports, I doubt mine will be that good.

Had a friend just come back from a dual sport ride. He told me he rode about 13 miles of the rainbow trail where it was really tight steep and rocky. Said it might have been fun but he was on his XRL650, way to heavy and geared to tall, on the ground several times ?.

------------------

99 WR400

BRC

NOHVA

AMA

Yep, had another riding buddy already recomend thundertrail and I will be ordering maps from him.

I plan to be in Denver on tuesday evening 8/15. Open for any idea's on wednesday thursday and friday. Meeting up with some riders(mini spodefest anybody welcome) friday evening, sat & sun. If I'm not completely warn out I'll be doing some riding on mon and tues, home on wednesday 8/16. Plan to try to get ahold of Darin(milkman) possibly on wednesday at his campground if he's open for a ride. Open to any and all idea's. Of course remeber, I'm a flat lander.

For any of the Colorado guy's, a few of us from the NE, SD area will be going to the Inyan Kara enduro in wyoming. If your there stop by and have a cold one(black ford dually white horse trailer, NE plates).

------------------

99 WR400

BRC

NOHVA

AMA