Cheng Shin Plea

3 replies to this topic
  • ButtonFly

Posted June 20, 2000 - 10:05 AM

One last question. I found out there are two cheng shin paddles in 18" a 5.30 and a 5.60... I am leaving to go to the dunes tonight for the next three or four days, and want to buy a paddle. Will the 5.30 rub? Where does the tire rub at? I can't get a Skat Trak for almost a week, and won't be doing much duning after this. I am considering trimming the tire if I have to, or whatnot, but going out with a knobby is almost a nonoption. Please don't make me take my cousins paddled banshee... Is the 5.30 significantly different than the 5.60? Thanks

• 2000WR400

Posted June 20, 2000 - 04:18 PM

I have a 5.60 paddle made buy chen ching. I have a 52t rear sprocket. The stock chain was WAY to small with this sprocket. The paddles hit the swingarm and the tire wouldn't budge. The chen shing is not a good tire AT ALL. But it is one of the ONLY paddles you can buy. If you can I would definatally get the 5.60 over the 5.30. IT RIPS. I can do wheelies in 3rd and maybe 4th on beachs sand. So, if you have a long enough chain, the tire won't hit at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted June 20, 2000 - 04:25 PM

I have a SkatTrak Hooker 10 paddle 18" tire for sale. It is new, only used for 1/2 hour. Yes really just a half hour, that's how long it took before I launched off a razor back and landed on my melon. My friend bought a Cheng Shin and it's HUGE, way bigger outside diameter than a knobby tire.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• ButtonFly

Posted June 20, 2000 - 09:47 PM

I already bought the 5.30. It fits great, and it is the same size as knobby. Hard to put on, but it hooks up well. Thanks for the offer MotoGreg. I am leaving early tommorrow (was supposed to be today) to go duning, otherwise I would take you up. So, for those concerned, the 5.30-18 Cheng Shin does fit, and it seems the 5.6 does not.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.