The O-Ring Mod

7 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:17 AM

i finally figured out what the two o rings in my jd jet kit where. the directions that come with the kit arent the best.

my question to you is which one are you using the smaller one or the bigger one (i think you only use one correct) or if im completly wrong can you give me some guidance as what to do.

thanks
Aaron

oh and has any one tried a 35 leak jet?

• Mutu

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:24 AM

I just lockwired mine.
I can't see any reason you would want any delay in response.

• Michigan DS

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:53 AM

use the bigger one (as recommended by Eddie).
Works great on my 07WR450.

Good Luck,

Doug

• KennyMc

Posted July 25, 2007 - 09:55 AM

use the bigger one (as recommended by Eddie).
Works great on my 07WR450.

Good Luck,

Doug

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Albie

Posted July 25, 2007 - 10:22 AM

I used the bigger one.

• bg10459

Posted July 25, 2007 - 10:28 AM

I just lockwired mine.
I can't see any reason you would want any delay in response.

While you will get better response by wiring, if your AP diaphragm stud bottoms in the AP bowl before the throttle reaches WOT you could put extra stress on the components or not really reach WOT. The O-ring allows the gap between the link lever and the cam follower to open up at WOT should this happen. If you plan on wiring the linkage instead of using the o-ring, you should get a diaphragm with a shorter stud, or grind the existing stud down. Of course this may not be happening, but it probably means the AP delay (initial gap at the link lever) is too long.
As far as leak jets are concerned, a 35 is probably too small (rich) in summer temps with the o-ring mod. It would be even worse if you wire the linkage because of the delay that Mutu speaks of. Most guys with wired linkage are using 60 to 90 LJ's because pressure on the AP is created by the throttle rather than the spring on the link lever; you need to bleed some of that extra pressure off with a larger LJ. I have found that the o-ring makes a very small difference, so I would suggest using the thicker, or smaller diameter ring with maybe a #50 LJ.
-

• snowman02

Posted July 25, 2007 - 12:19 PM

I used the large one, just installed my JD Jet Kit A few weeks back and it runs like a somebitch. :ride:

• Mutu

Posted July 25, 2007 - 01:26 PM

While you will get better response by wiring, if your AP diaphragm stud bottoms in the AP bowl before the throttle reaches WOT you could put extra stress on the components or not really reach WOT.

Mine doesn't bottom and from the looks of it, it never will.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.