02 WR426 suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted July 25, 2007 - 06:08 AM

Has anyone just replaced the springs on a 02 WR? Here is my situation. I’m 46 200lbs and only ride trails and some desert. I’m not a fastest rider, I just enjoy hitting the trails. My bike sadly only has about 3 or 4k miles on it as I only go riding about 20 times a year. Sometimes the suspension feels like it could use some help so I’m thinking of putting in .46 or .47 front springs with new fluid and a 5.4 or 5.6 rear. Is this a waste of money? I really can’t afford to put $500 to $900 into the suspension but I can swing $200 for springs.

-Don

• byggd

Posted July 26, 2007 - 01:25 PM

No one has tried this cheap way out?? Well dang, now I have to decide weather to be the first or bite the bullet and drop 5 bills.

• ISBB

Posted July 26, 2007 - 03:57 PM

The stock suspension was designed around a 185lb rider... so i bet you can get pretty close with a fork fluid change and some clicker adjustments :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 26, 2007 - 05:54 PM

The stock suspension was designed around a 185lb rider... so i bet you can get pretty close with a fork fluid change and some clicker adjustments :D

That's what I was thinking too. I have the clickers set 6 clicks tighter then mid way in the front and 4 clicks on the rear. Should I try tighter before I replace the springs??

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 26, 2007 - 06:28 PM

I would get a revalve, you won't regret it. It's not too hard to do yourself just do some research. You will need a few tools as well. Moto-pro.com sells the Ultramax valve kits that come with good instructions. That's what I got for my 426

• responding

Posted July 27, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I have an 02 wr 426, and it's sitting on a crate right now having the springs replaced. I weigh 240+, and bought my springs from Factory Connection. It was really inexpensive, and super easy to do. You don't even have to take the forks off, and the rear shock was just as easy. I haven't ridden it yet (waiting on a clutch), but can tell you it'll be the best 180$ I've spent. Go for it, and change the fork oil while your in there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.