revalving the suspension

2 replies to this topic
  • TL426

Posted July 24, 2007 - 07:09 PM

So im falling in love with my 01 426 all over again now that im getting faster, but i know the forks need to be revalved... is this a job i could tackle alone or do i need to send it to a professional? if so, how much will it cost? my semi pro friend tells me the only thing holding me back from being much faster is the wear on my bike, and id really like to be able to race. thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted July 24, 2007 - 08:19 PM

You'll need the right tools like a cartridge holder, allen socket/ wrench for the compression bolt, seal driver (you can make your own out of pvc), and a fork oil level gauge. It's not that difficult to set it up for your own weight and riding ability/ style as long as you choose a company that tells you which shims to use for the low/ high speed compression stacks. They are usually only a starting point so you might have to fool around with the stacks a little after trying out the recommended starting point. I used the Ultramax kit from Moto-pro.com and it came with detailed instructions for the stacks and some nice valves.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted July 25, 2007 - 04:55 AM

I had my 06 revalved by litz racing which is about 1 hour and a half from me and they are at most of all of the races Iam at. They done a terrific job to my suspension and it is amazing how it handles. The price tag was I believe was $380.00 tax and all,but was worth it because I didnt have any of the tools and I wouldnt have had a clue to where to start. He had to measure and mic shims, grind parts of the suspension and and other things I didnt know how to do. IMO it would be worth someone else to do it so it could be done right.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.