650l IMS 4.0 reserve mileage tested today

6 replies to this topic
  • Rman of 237

Posted July 24, 2007 - 03:40 PM

I had mentioned in earlier posts that when it was convienient I would strap a 2 litre tank to the rack and see how far the reserve would take me.:prof: I ran the 4.0 to empty today and switched to reserve, reset the meter and went exactly 24.5 miles before it went dry. I didn't lay the bike over on its left side to scavenge the fuel from the right side of the tank because I was on the side of a busy highway. That would have been a sight. This should be an average as I was riding 20% city/80% hwy today. My bike is not stock with air box mods, desmogged, Dynojet kit and Pro Circuit exhaust. A stock 650L will have much better mileage but since most here have done the mods:busted: this reading should apply. That gives my bike an average of about 150 miles.:applause: Strait hwy should be about 180 miles per tank but I'll have to wait till my next roadtrip to find out for sure.
I hope this clears things up some,:thumbsup:
Rman....

• wheelnut46

Posted July 24, 2007 - 05:15 PM

Thanks! That's some good info.

• jeanluconze

Posted July 24, 2007 - 05:43 PM

yeah, good to know. thanks. although I still have the stock tank, I was curious about this before buying the 4.0

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elrontx

Posted July 24, 2007 - 07:48 PM

thanks!

• Rockjockey

Posted July 25, 2007 - 03:23 AM

Rman how many miles per gallon are you getting? After the rejet I'm right at 49.5, where are you located in Tx? I'm using the IMS 4.0 as well.

• Rman of 237

Posted July 25, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Rman how many miles per gallon are you getting? After the rejet I'm right at 49.5, where are you located in Tx? I'm using the IMS 4.0 as well.

Well it's hard to say because I ride a great deal of dirt roads and I've often thought that it is more similar to riding in the city due to the fact that every 1/8 of a mile or so you have to slow down for something ( 'S' turns, 90's, gettin' chased by dogs( I always slow down to give um a fightin' chance. HaHa:busted:) , tractors, little old ladies, drunks). I love acceleration, not speed, but acceleration. It gives me a rush.:eek: I love it and so does the 650 so how much gas am I wasting due to immature fetishes I have not a clue but I assure you I dog every bit of shit out of it that it has to offer.:excuseme: So I would guesstimate 25-30 to the gal. normal riding. I am certain that out on the highway though, I can get 180 miles to the tank at 45 mpg.:cool:
I live about half way between Houston and Austin off of Hwy 237.

Rman of 237:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted July 25, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Well it's hard to say because I ride a great deal of dirt roads and I've often thought that it is more similar to riding in the city due to the fact that every 1/8 of a mile or so you have to slow down for something ( 'S' turns, 90's, gettin' chased by dogs( I always slow down to give um a fightin' chance. HaHa:busted:) , tractors, little old ladies, drunks). I love acceleration, not speed, but acceleration. It gives me a rush.:eek: I love it and so does the 650 so how much gas am I wasting due to immature fetishes I have not a clue but I assure you I dog every bit of shit out of it that it has to offer.:excuseme: So I would guesstimate 25-30 to the gal. normal riding. I am certain that out on the highway though, I can get 180 miles to the tank at 45 mpg.:cool:
I live about half way between Houston and Austin off of Hwy 237.

Rman of 237:ride:

ride er like ya stole er they say!:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.