Budds Creek, shouldve been there.

3 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 19, 2000 - 04:02 PM

Unlike you guys in CO and CA who ride w/ each other, there is something like 4 of us on the east coast, Bill (NC), Steve aka AngryCandy (DE), Wedge (CT), and myself who have never met.
This past weekend, I met Bill, his buddy Jeff who rides a YZF, and Bills two boys. We met in the Holiday Inn Saturday evening. Jeff had raced his YZF at the Hare Scrambles Saturday at Budds.
The evening was enjoyable: drinking some beers and watching some home mx movie stuff from Jeffs camera starring Jeff and Bill. Friday night, Bill, Jeff and the boys were checking out some of the factory rigs that were parked at our Holiday Inn. Bill was given Albee's rear 19" Excel rim, some tubes, a couple of tires and they also got Pastrana's rim (is that right Bill?). It seems the factory mechanics just cut the spokes and pull the rim. I must assume they keep the hubs.

The treat of this trip occurred Sunday morning. We were at the front desk to check out. I looked down the hall. Walking toward us was a recognized face. I said "Hi" to Albee. Greg signed some autographs for Bill's kids (Nathaniel, William, Kevin, Bill and Jeff :D). Jeff and I shook Greg's hand and wished him luck for the day. Greg was in a hurry, this was Sunday before the race at 8:20am! What a nice fellow. I'll never wash my right hand again :).
For those of you who have never been to Budds Creek, it a absolutely beautiful track! The dirt is a rich loam, and spectator views are very, very good. In my opinion, it was head over heels better than Southwick. Also for those of you who have never been to Maryland, it is also a beautiful state. There is lush lawns, beautiful homes and it is rich in foliage. I had a great time and had the privelage of finally meeting a TT pen-pal!!

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 06-19-2000).]

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 19, 2000 - 04:11 PM

Very Envious old Buddy,

Sorry I missed it as I would truly have loved being there and meeting up with you guys. The count down is less than 4 months now.... YEEHAAAA

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR400_Jay

Posted June 19, 2000 - 04:34 PM

Ok Kevin you've got me jealous now, but I was at in California last year and had to go to Glen Helen just to smell the dirt. Low and behold right behind me, sitting under the trees next to the track was Jimmy Button. What a cool guy! We talked about thumpers and his first national win the weekend before. I hope we see him back on the race scene again.

I wish I was able to come back home to Rhode Island with my bike this summer Kevin. I would definitely make the trip up to ride with you. People just don't understand what its like riding up there until they experience it. I'm still amazed at the places I used to take my XR350R.

------------------
00'WR400 75'Yamaha 250 enduro
White e-Series S-bend 12 discs, Yz timed, rejetted to Clark specs, throttle stop cut, lid removed, Topar Racing top clamp, Tag Metals T2 bars, Scotts damper, Devol disc guard and frame guards, lights removed, Cr routed Fastline brakeline, Acerbis Rally pro hand guards fastened to the top clamp, Gel grips Live in Southwest Ohio

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 19, 2000 - 05:15 PM

I've have a spare bedroom! You are welcome anytime, Jay!

I am looking at building a small mx/sx track on my property. I have to get my hands on a bulldozer.

I need to do lawn work anyway...

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.