Rim lock sizing question

6 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 24, 2007 - 01:50 PM

Folks please tell me what size rim locks our bikes use? Front and rear?
Front
Rear

Also in the parts catalog - yami

Are spacer beads another name for Rim locks?:rant:

• grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2007 - 02:36 PM

It should be 1.60 and 2.15. It should also have those numbers stamped on the rim somewhere.

As for nomenclature, the big round cover with 8 screws in it that says Yamaha on the right side of the engine just in front of the kick starter is called a "generator cover" in the catalog. :excuseme: :smirk:

• Ga426owner

Posted July 24, 2007 - 04:52 PM

It should be 1.60 and 2.15. It should also have those numbers stamped on the rim somewhere.

As for nomenclature, the big round cover with 8 screws in it that says Yamaha on the right side of the engine just in front of the kick starter is called a "generator cover" in the catalog. :excuseme: :smirk:

GreyRacer, I know I set myself up for that one...:blah:
Remember I am from the South....our schooling ain't that great:banghead:

seriously in the parts catalog under front wheel
#10 part number 5SF-25394-00 spacer bead ....is this a rim lock, picture is too vague
Rear Wheel
#13 part # 3JE-25394-00 same thing....

tell me if I am :crazy:, I already know my braincell count is at its lowest....:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ben_suhard

Posted July 24, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Grab some rim lock spacers too(they're cheap, a few bucks), designed to save your rim from cracking.

• grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2007 - 10:56 PM

Those numbers look right to me, Dave.

In regards to Southern Schooling, I now the public (say Government) schools in California are worse because I can see the kind of jackasses the graduates vote for. :cheers: Besides our schools cost more than yours. :p

• Ga426owner

Posted July 25, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Grab some rim lock spacers too(they're cheap, a few bucks), designed to save your rim from cracking.

yep done - thx Ben

• Ga426owner

Posted July 25, 2007 - 05:01 AM

Those numbers look right to me, Dave.

In regards to Southern Schooling, I now the public (say Government) schools in California are worse because I can see the kind of jackasses the graduates vote for. :cheers: Besides our schools cost more than yours. :p

yea unfortunately that is a national epidemic......and will peak during the 2008 Presidential Elections:foul:
Well no wonder....look what they teach in Govt schools:banghead:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.