bike woes

2 replies to this topic
  • whoops dude

Posted July 24, 2007 - 11:29 AM

been off the bike a while due to injury but now that I'm all healed up I'm ready to hit the races again but the bike needs a lil work . can anyone give me a refresher course on the quickest, easiet way to acces the carb? my bike is an 05 wr450f. thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted July 24, 2007 - 01:10 PM

Here's what I do.
I take the airbox side rubber off the carby first, then I undo the motor side allen bolt on the rubber on the front of the carb. I now pull the carby off the motor. You can tip the carby over to each side to get to the top and bottom for jetting changes.

If you want to pull the carby completely out, then undo the throttle cables and disconnect TPS before to do the previous.

• Beejay

Posted July 24, 2007 - 03:56 PM

Do a search here, there's pics on the whole bangdoodle of accessing & jetting

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.