water leaking help

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 17, 2000 - 08:26 PM

i have a 99 wr 400f and i was checking just after the first lap on the motocross race i found a water leak found thats its a little hole situated just under the water pump cover you have to remove the water pump aluminum guard to see it i dont know if there goes a screw that fell but my bike never ever done that before plase help me what goes in that little hole to stop that dripping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted June 17, 2000 - 09:35 PM

When the water pump impeller seal leaks it drains out this weap hole. You'll have to remove the whole side case to fix it. It looks like a lot of work but it is pretty easy. You may need an impact wrench to remove the clutch hub nut. You'll have to replace both the seals for the impeller shaft and clean the shaft with emery paper. It only took me about 15 minutes but if you aren't a mechanic and you have only hand tools it should probably take you 1-1.5 hours or so, just follow the manual.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.