Carb Problems WR400 '00

4 replies to this topic
  • chillydogg

Posted June 17, 2000 - 12:43 PM

My bike is will stall when you go to 3/4 to full throttle from an idle. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? I have adjusted the pilot and main jet with no avail. Current settings are 165 main, pilot 1 3/4 turns, #5 disc on the main jet. Thanks again for any assistance!!!

------------------
Chillydogg / Georgia

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 17, 2000 - 04:25 PM

Go to the jetting spec section and check other peoples settings.

What do you mean by #5 disc on main jet.

Are you talking about the clip position on the needle jet.

What is your needle jet position.

Do you have an after market exhaust?

Do you have the lid removed?

Need more info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted June 18, 2000 - 01:17 AM

When you go from idle to full throttle and it stalls, are you riding it, or is this while you have it running in the garage ? If it's the last, then that is normal, they will all do it, the best running 4 stroke will do it.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• chillydogg

Posted June 18, 2000 - 07:03 AM

Yes it is #5 clip position on the needle jet. I don't have the whole lid removed, but just the funnel portion. The stop is cut which should have no effect on this problem. Everything else is stock. I actually noticed the problem when doing some carby work in the garage and reving the bike to see the effects of my doings. I was able to stop the bike from backfiring by adjusting the pilot screw. Thanks for the help!

------------------
Chillydogg / Georgia

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 18, 2000 - 03:04 PM

My guess is that your problem is the needle clip position.

The middle is the stock position and even with a pipe I run the stock setting.

Depending on what you are calling position #5 this is probably your problem

Immediately go back to the stock needle position.

Richen the pilot jet to 45 or if not doing this turn the pilot screw out to 2.5 - 3.0 turns.

The stock jetting is way too lean off idle.

I suspect you corrected this problem with the needle jet and this is what is causing the problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.