what's up with XRsOnly?

48 replies to this topic
  • ssmith622

Posted August 06, 2007 - 02:51 PM

against my better judgment I placed an order with XRsOnly. They had a very good deal on a rear fender rack for my xr650r. They advertised the price at $139.99 then they charge my credit card $179.99. When I called they told me that it was a mistake they had overcharged me and they would make sure that I got a refund of $40. After waiting about one week I decided that I had better call them back. They didn't know anything about it and they had not attempted to return the money to me. they finally called me back and told me that I would have to wait over a week to get my money. They admitted they overcharge me and then told me that they would have to do an investigation for me to get my money back. It's just not worth the trouble I'm thinking about calling the visa fraud Center and letting them know that I did not authorize The extra $40 they charged me.

• motometal

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:27 PM

Folks, this can all be avoided very simply. And fwiw, i've never placed a single order with XRs Only so have nothing against them whatsoever.

1. Prior to ordering, confirm availability of parts. Do not order yet if this is more than a week or two...trust me, you are asking for trouble.
2. Confirm that they will use a shipping method utilizing a tracking number, and this number will be available to you. If they balk at this, run far, far away.
3. Use a credit card to order.
4. If parts haven't arrived by the promised ship date, call and check.
5. If the date is stretched out with more promises made, DO NOT let this date approach the max limit of days you can refute the charges on your card (30, 60, etc).
6. If parts haven't arrived by the extended promised date, at that point make one last call and explain that you will have to have the charges reversed on your card if parts haven't shipped when promised (proved with tracking number). If you are already close to the max date to refute charges, then cut your losses and bail out...don't fall for excuses, by this point they've already have a second chance.

With this system, it should be theoretically impossible to lose your money or get strung along for months. And, if they can't perform within reasonable time, you are better off with another vendor unless they truly have a "one off" item available nowhere else.

• Rman of 237

Posted August 06, 2007 - 05:09 PM

You guys that have had these experiences with them should email this link to the owners. Like I said before, they exchanged my dipstick in a reasonable amount of time but some of you guys have gotten screwed!! I'd mail them a real good :moon: :rant: :rant: ing. This sucks!!

• HeadTrauma

Posted August 06, 2007 - 10:34 PM

Folks, this can all be avoided very simply.
1. Prior to ordering, confirm availability of parts. Do not order yet etc, etc.....

I shouldn't have to do their job for them nor make sure they do what they're supposed to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2007 - 01:13 AM

I'd like to see the inside, where the offices are and they take the orders.

It just seems their very disorganized and I sort of visuize paperwork just laying all over the place, notes on stickums that are not followed thru, some fall down/lost, others not written at all ...........is this a family buissness ?

• BWB63

Posted August 07, 2007 - 10:33 AM

If all the threads that have been written about XR's only were gone through you will find this dosn't work here:

Folks, this can all be avoided very simply. And fwiw, i've never placed a single order with XRs Only so have nothing against them whatsoever.

1. Prior to ordering, confirm availability of parts. Do not order yet if this is more than a week or two...trust me, you are asking for trouble. [COLOR="Red"]They tell you they have it and are holding it in there hand, when they don't have it at all[/COLOR]
2. Confirm that they will use a shipping method utilizing a tracking number, and this number will be available to you. If they balk at this, run far, far away. [COLOR="red"]They tell you they have shipped the order, when they have not and they will email you the tracking number and never do[/COLOR]
3. Use a credit card to order.[COLOR="red"]They charge your credit card at the time of order, even when the order has not been shipped and they don't even have the parts you have ordered[/COLOR]
4. If parts haven't arrived by the promised ship date, call and check. [COLOR="red"]They just keep telling you they shipped it, when they don't have the part or after they have told you they had the part in the first place, now they tell you it's back ordered....your card was charge two month ago when you placed the order[/COLOR]
5. If the date is stretched out with more promises made, DO NOT let this date approach the max limit of days you can refute the charges on your card (30, 60, etc). [COLOR="red"]When it gets this far out they just ask, Who is this again? What order, I''l have to get back to you.[/COLOR]
6. If parts haven't arrived by the extended promised date, at that point make one last call and explain that you will have to have the charges reversed on your card if parts haven't shipped when promised (proved with tracking number). If you are already close to the max date to refute charges, then cut your losses and bail out...don't fall for excuses, by this point they've already have a second chance.[COLOR="red"]By this time you are so mad that you write crazy stuff on different forums trying to vent the frustration[/COLOR]

With this system, it should be theoretically impossible to lose your money or get strung along for months. And, if they can't perform within reasonable time, you are better off with another vendor unless they truly have a "one off" item available nowhere else.

[COLOR="Blue"]Read the almost 1000 posts about XR's only over the last few years on the forum group and you will see this is over and over again[/COLOR]

Here are just a few other Threads about the samething, each thread is at least 50% of they did me wrong posts.

http://www.thumperta....472#post646472

http://www.thumperta....=440267&page=2

another thread

http://www.thumperta......ht=XR's Only

Another

Another

Another

http://www.thumperta...ead.php?t=96767

Another on

• Rman of 237

Posted August 07, 2007 - 10:50 AM

Or two managers. 50/50 One on ginko and the other on crack.

Like I said before.

• motometal

Posted August 07, 2007 - 04:24 PM

BMW, I'm fully aware of the game played here from what i've read. In fact, been there, done that, have the tee shirt etc. (not from XRs Only, andother vendor). I wish now that I would have handled it differently, so I posted what I did, to try to help others ordering from ANY vendor. NO, it shouldn't be necesary to take these steps, the choice is yours but if you don't step in and refute the charges when you have the chance, you may have just helped someone with their boat payment, and received no parts.:cry:

When you get to the part where you say "your card was charged two months ago"....bingo, don't let it get that far!

• Rockjockey

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:44 PM

I made an order a week and a half ago as I described through my friends shop of a casesaver for the 650L and a temperature dipstick. Got as ordered in a week. No complaints here. I think they cater to volume businesses.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.