what's up with XRsOnly?

48 replies to this topic
  • jeanluconze

Posted July 25, 2007 - 07:52 AM

yeah, OK... We should have a separate forum that has nothing but emoticons so that those of you who are confused by words can communicate.

Or if you didn't understand what I just wrote: :prof: :banghead: :cripple: :cheers: :usa:

• martinfan30

Posted July 25, 2007 - 07:56 AM

yeah, OK... We should have a separate forum that has nothing but emoticons so that those of you who are confused by words can communicate.

Or if you didn't understand what I just wrote: :prof: :banghead: :cripple: :cheers: :usa:

good times! LOL! a little sensitive??

• jeanluconze

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:07 AM

good times! LOL! a little sensitive??

:cry: hahaha

yeah, I'm torn up over this.

• martinfan30

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:08 AM

:cry: hahaha

yeah, I'm torn up over this.

just funnin !:busted: :thumbsup:

• jeanluconze

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:15 AM

just funnin !:busted: :thumbsup:

I know, me too. Just being sarcastic (I need a sarcasm emoticon!)

Anyways, XRsonly said they would send out that part yesterday or today for sure after I told them to cancel my order. Haven't received the shipping notice yet. Kamell is the guy helping me over there and he seems pretty cool, but we'll see. If I get it and it starts spitting out oil or fogging up I'll be :mad:

• martinfan30

Posted July 25, 2007 - 08:20 AM

I know, me too. Just being sarcastic (I need a sarcasm emoticon!)

Anyways, XRsonly said they would send out that part yesterday or today for sure after I told them to cancel my order. Haven't received the shipping notice yet. Kamell is the guy helping me over there and he seems pretty cool, but we'll see. If I get it and it starts spitting out oil or fogging up I'll be :mad:

i just washed my pig yesterday, now ive got a foggy temp dipstick! hopefully when i go to order a cam and piston i dont have these prob.:eek:

• jeanluconze

Posted July 25, 2007 - 09:55 AM

does your temp dipstick have plastic or glass face? I heard the plastic face had the fogging problem but they made it better by replacing w/ glass? Is that right?

• Rman of 237

Posted July 25, 2007 - 10:33 AM

does your temp dipstick have plastic or glass face? I heard the plastic face had the fogging problem but they made it better by replacing w/ glass? Is that right?

:prof: Not sure if mine are glass or plastic and I'm to lazy to go look but they both fogged a little at first but after a couple of hours they cleared up.:excuseme: :applause:

R...

• martinfan30

Posted July 25, 2007 - 10:47 AM

good question! its only 3-4 mths old so i dont know.

• PowerCell

Posted July 25, 2007 - 01:35 PM

I placed 3 seperate orders last week with them. Got all three orders the next day... no worries. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted July 25, 2007 - 03:28 PM

My dip stick has the glass face and its starting to fracture,but no leaks yet. Maybe I should put the stock one in my kit in case it blows?

• mehowmix

Posted July 27, 2007 - 05:32 PM

I had the same problem with the recently back ordered dipstick therms. I actually got it today - one month after ordering.
They gave me some wrong info a few times, and then i think i just forgot all about it and today i get a package.
Whats difficult about all of this is that I couldn't really find anywhere else to buy a dipstick therm for my L. Now its a little late for me- but maybe for other people, is there another company that sells these dipstick thermometers?
Thanks guys.

• squatpuke

Posted July 28, 2007 - 11:57 AM

I've only ordered once through email with Kamil (?)...had no problems.

• Rman of 237

Posted July 28, 2007 - 12:47 PM

My dip stick has the glass face and its starting to fracture,but no leaks yet. Maybe I should put the stock one in my kit in case it blows?

As I said before, keep the stock cap in your kit or backpack. You never know.......:excuseme:
If anyones interested, I swapped the 400 for the 650 once and the temp is accurate. They are different as one is longer than the other but it's the same reading. 400 200deg(oil cooler) and the 650 250deg.
R....

• XR_Dude

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I ordered some things from them, had no problem. I order my engine stuff from Thumper Racing, no probs there either. I recently ordered a seat cover and foam from XR's Only. When I tried to put the seat cover on, I had prob's , called them, they said I should had sent them the seat to install, I would have if they would had told me when I ordered it, it all depends on who the salesman is....Overall, I'm glad we have a speciallty XR shop to deal with. As far a an oil temp gage, I have been riding and racing my 600R (660)for amost 11 years and never needed a gage. I just make sure I change the oil and filter regularly. If you want to buy somthing, buy the aftermarket choke plate (if you havn't already)! :ride:

• Rockjockey

Posted July 29, 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hope my temp gage and casesaver for the 650L come in on time, Ordered through friends shop Friday.

• Rman of 237

Posted July 29, 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hope my temp gage and casesaver for the 650L come in on time, Ordered through friends shop Friday.

Hi Rockjockey, where are you in TX?
R.....

• Rockjockey

Posted July 29, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Red Oak area. You?

• Rman of 237

Posted July 29, 2007 - 12:58 PM

Red Oak area. You?

I'm a map freak so I looked up Red Oak. Did you ever ride Lake Grapevine N. of FT. Worth? Back in the '80s my uncle would take me to the trailheads and I was gone!! I rode my XR350 so far into that area that twice I got so hopelessly lost that when I finally got back to the truck my uncle was completely freaked out both times.:crazy: He was like have you been and I was like:excuseme: . HaHaHa:busted: I would guess that it's all homes and golf coarses now. I've done a lot of riding around Glen Rose along the Brazos river and I have a hard time not :cry: ing when I think back about those years. The best years of my life!! I lived in Waco for a few years and did alot of riding around there. I took my cousin up there to get him enroled in school a couple of years ago and took him to our old riding areas off Flatrock road and the roads were all fenced in and gated.:foul: :banghead:
I live about half way between Hou. and Aus. of of hwy 237.
That is one wicked 440 in your garage!!! Mine is also overbored to 440. It's fast!!:eek:

Rman.....

• Rockjockey

Posted July 29, 2007 - 04:48 PM

I spent alot of time at Marshall Creek (Grapevine area) back in the 80's as well on a 79 KTM 400 then my 84 and later 85 XR350's. You could go 40 miles around the perimeter of that lake from there and wind up on the golf course at Trophy Club. I used to take friends who had 2 strokes with me out there and keep going until they ran out of gas. What a hoot, could have seen you there. Small world. Ever ride Crooked Creek by Waco?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.