what's up with XRsOnly?

48 replies to this topic
  • jeanluconze

Posted July 24, 2007 - 08:57 AM

What's up with this business? I've been through weeks of backorder and "it will ship this week", "going out tomorrow", "it's in but the order will take a few days"? I've read bad reviews before, but decided to give them a try. You guys get the same lack of customer service? I'm not buying anything else from them, don't like paying for 3 day shipping when the order takes 6 weeks! It's not the backorder that bothers me, it's the constant lying about the status that pisses me off.

• martinfan30

Posted July 24, 2007 - 09:35 AM

What's up with this business? I've been through weeks of backorder and "it will ship this week", "going out tomorrow", "it's in but the order will take a few days"? I've read bad reviews before, but decided to give them a try. You guys get the same lack of customer service? I'm not buying anything else from them, don't like paying for 3 day shipping when the order takes 6 weeks! It's not the backorder that bothers me, it's the constant lying about the status that pisses me off.

i had nothing but good come from them. these smaller businesses do get overloaded sometimes. but your case is excessive. what did you order if you dont mind?

• jeanluconze

Posted July 24, 2007 - 09:37 AM

martinfan, I ordered a dipstick thermometer.

• martinfan30

Posted July 24, 2007 - 09:39 AM

that is strange, that was my last order. had it in a week!

• Denn10

Posted July 24, 2007 - 10:35 AM

HEHEHE i just ride over there and they either got it or not LOL i would just tell them to be straight with you.

• XR680RR

Posted July 24, 2007 - 12:05 PM

Not another rider joining the "What is wrong with XR's only" group. You must just be out to destroy them, like the other 50~70% of riders that have shopped there.:banghead:

Here are just a few other Threads about the samething, each thread is at least 50% of they did me wrong posts.

http://www.thumperta...6472#post646472

http://www.thumperta...t=440267&page=2

another thread

http://www.thumperta......ht=XR's Only

Another

Another

Another

http://www.thumperta...ead.php?t=96767

Another on

• Huffa 2

Posted July 24, 2007 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='XR680RR']Not another rider joining the "What is wrong with XR's only" group. You must just be out to destroy them, like the other 50~70% of riders that have shopped there.:banghead:

:excuseme: So what's wrong with posting purchasing problems when they happen?

I like when members give me a "Be aware" lookout, nothing wrong with that in my book.

Rather then constant lies, they should have just recommended a place that did have one.

• jeanluconze

Posted July 24, 2007 - 01:05 PM

I think XR680RR was being sarcastic, but you're both on the same page. It wasn't the lateness, it was the lack of explanation. My case saver came through a while back with only slight hiccups and it's a good part. I'm just not sure why they offer 3 day shipping on backordered parts.

UPDATE: I wrote an email complaining about the situation, they replied with an explanation and a seemingly sincere wish to keep my business, so that buys them a few points. We'll see if it ships today or tomorrow as now promised.

• Denn10

Posted July 24, 2007 - 01:19 PM

NOW since you got em in ur hands tell em you would like 10% off next purchase or something , it doesnt hurt to ask the worst they will say is NO!! id bet they hook you up with something.

• Whiteman

Posted July 24, 2007 - 01:26 PM

martinfan, I ordered a dipstick thermometer.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago and just got the tracking order from USP yesterday. Should be here by the end of the week. They told me they were on back order and wouldn't ship for a couple weeks after I ordered it so I wasn't worried. I did have a little run around when I bought my pipe but the made good and I am happy. Althought there is some crap about XR's super dupper jetting crap that comes with the pipe. That is BS, I called and the guy told me " 56/158, that is all you need". Thanks Jack Ass.... Other than that, they are pretty good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ssmith622

Posted July 24, 2007 - 03:00 PM

I am glad that people post their bad experiences with online purchases. I decided not to buy and exhaust system from XRs only based on other peoples experiences.

• Ryanthegreat1

Posted July 24, 2007 - 03:15 PM

I have been waiting on a back ordered 103mm piston from them for some time now, nearly 2 months. :(

I gave them a call today and they were saying that the piston came in last week and has been sent off to be ceramic coated and should be ready to ship by the end of the week. Then I got that the temp dipsticks were on back order for two and a half months but they already collected that part for my order so no worries.

Then they check the rest of my order and tell me they are now waiting on Honda to ship them service manuals?

Bah whatever, they seem like nice people, we will see if they ship all the parts minus the service manual by the end of the week as said.

• Huffa 2

Posted July 24, 2007 - 03:43 PM

I think XR680RR was being sarcastic, but you're both on the same page. It wasn't the lateness, it was the lack of explanation. My case saver came through a while back with only slight hiccups and it's a good part. I'm just not sure why they offer 3 day shipping on backordered parts.

UPDATE: I wrote an email complaining about the situation, they replied with an explanation and a seemingly sincere wish to keep my business, so that buys them a few points. We'll see if it ships today or tomorrow as now promised.

Oh yea, guess he was, sorry about that 680.

They take your order/money 1st, then lay on the bad news later when you inquire about it :thumbsdn:

• Rman of 237

Posted July 24, 2007 - 04:05 PM

I ordered a couple of dipsticks from them last year. One for the 650 and one for the 400. Took the 400 riding and about an hour into our ride the dipstick started spewing oil around the glass.:banghead: Called them:rant: and they sent me a new one that works in a reasonable amount of time along with a couple of T shirts.:applause: I guess shit happens.
Rman....

• Rockjockey

Posted July 24, 2007 - 04:44 PM

I've not had a bad experience with them personally, usually asking them to check their stock prior to placing the order negates problems later. I have found they serve alot of performance shops nation wide and they seem to get great service, maybe it is a volume thing. As of late I just call my friend, he owns a bike shop and let him deal with them that way I get items to me cheaper than I could get them directly from XR's Only. It seems to me that when you do volume business with them the B.S. stops and you get firm dates. Recently I bought a complete exhaust system from them (header and tail section) and I could not be happier with the fit, finish, and overall quality of the product. I got it two weeks from the order date and it included jets to set the carb up with (bonus).

• jbird710

Posted July 24, 2007 - 05:00 PM

I don't get it; it's about a 50/50 shot. I see posts all of the time with people saying how great they are and that they've had the best service. Then there are whole threads about how bad they suck. My experience was extremely negative. It took 4 months, 7 phone calls, and 6 emails to get items that were supposed to be "in stock". It's like the person who works orders has a coin with "good service" on one side and "screw 'em" on the other that he tosses for each order. :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

• Rman of 237

Posted July 24, 2007 - 05:08 PM

I don't get it; it's about a 50/50 shot. I see posts all of the time with people saying how great they are and that they've had the best service. Then there are whole threads about how bad they suck. My experience was extremely negative. It took 4 months, 7 phone calls, and 6 emails to get items that were supposed to be "in stock". It's like the person who works orders has a coin with "good service" on one side and "screw 'em" on the other that he tosses for each order. :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Or two managers. 50/50 One on ginko and the other on crack.

• jeanluconze

Posted July 24, 2007 - 05:40 PM

I don't think it's a personel issue at xrsonly. You see the extreme good and bad reviews because the average experience doesn't piss you off or make you really happy - it's just something unremarkable that happened. And most people will be more likely to post if their experience is bad. But, there shouldn't be as many negative experiences as I see here.

For example, I've ordered tons of stuff from the TT store and the service, timeliness, and quality was unbelievably good, but I never commented about it. Last week I bought a moose skid plate with 2 day shipping and the order was actually delivered 2 days after I clicked the submit order button.:thumbsup: I haven't seen a lot of bad reviews on the TT store here (but maybe admin is :censored:)

• gabriel

Posted July 24, 2007 - 08:51 PM

:blah:

• martinfan30

Posted July 24, 2007 - 09:47 PM

:blah:

funny.:crazy: :eek:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.