Moab - Sign up deadline?

2 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 15, 2000 - 09:13 PM

Sorry 'bout posting ANOTHER Moab thread :)

Bryan & Mitch,
Since it seems that the majority of work for Moab is falling (don't EVER volunteer) on the two of you, I was wondering if you had set a deadline for a commitment date? I believe that Bryan is going to try to arrange accomodations for those that are not camping - True or false? IF this is true we need to put our money where our mouths are and get some deposits in on the condos(?).

Please let me know if there is something I can do from my end (yeah, yeah - I volunteered. Kevin what about you?).

Moab '00 riders truly do appreciate the effort you guys are putting out. A little sucking up never hurt anybody :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted June 16, 2000 - 04:07 AM

Here is the latest lodging scoop since you asked (good question I might add):

I called the desired local Moab condo where we usually stay. They said that I could make reservations for several units but they wanted a 50% deposit since it was so far in advance! That's way steep and it kind of torqued me off!

I've been going to Moab for many years as have others from the Colorado gang. We have NEVER had any problems getting a place to stay. Even at the last minute.

What I would like to do is wait until late July and call the condo place back to see how many units are available. Then hopefully they won't charge me a 50% deposit. I can then post the results and some other lodging options.

Since this is really an un-official get together, people need to have the option of staying where they want and with who they want. It has to stay an un-official get together for liabilities sake. Please see Rod H. insightful comments on this point. However, I'm sure I can get quite a few condos. The condos hold from 4 to 6 people each.

So hang in there for about 1 more month. If anyone really wants to make reservations somewhere right away, they can go to Yahoo and look for Moab to find the chamber of commerce. Or some of us Colorado boys can make a few suggestions.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 16, 2000 - 04:12 AM

Quoting Steve Martin from "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid":
I will do anything, for anybody, anyplace, anytime, anywhere (for this Moab trip)!

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

Moab bound for 2000, HOORAY!! Gonna be kicking some Moab Ass (Mule or Donkey?)!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 06-16-2000).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.