Where is the fuel screw?

6 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted June 14, 2000 - 01:41 PM

where is it what does it look like?

• MotoGreg

Posted June 14, 2000 - 04:06 PM

There is a passage through the float bowl where a special screwdriver fits through. Turn it out (counterclockwise) to richen.

'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted June 14, 2000 - 11:24 PM

Ray, go into the drz forum and click on the topic "Pilot screw tool".It has a really good pic of the fuel screw and a special tool that does make it easier to get to it.

[This message has been edited by Tennessee Thumper (edited 06-15-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj

Posted June 15, 2000 - 08:22 AM

Here is link to the tool, it's made by Pro-Tec;

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 15, 2000 - 10:34 AM

I just use one of the bits from my Craftsman screwdriver. The knurled part of the Protec piece is nice but not for $16.

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted June 16, 2000 - 12:05 AM

Brian...Yeah,it's WAY to high for that little tool.It's a little more worth the price for me (drze)the starter sits directly under the air fuel screw so it's pretty tight spaced.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 16, 2000 - 12:43 AM

I used a 6mm allen bolt (cap screw)
Ground a crude blade on the end.. works a treat..

AND its FREE!! :) (well if you have to buy the bolt its $0.03!)

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.