Why do the stock tires have to suck so much?

1 reply to this topic
  • phillip

Posted June 14, 2000 - 01:14 PM

Just to share some experience:

I've had my German purchased new WR400F for a two months now and all was great except for the traction - the bike would roost, wheelspin and slide given the slightest chance. I thought what happened to the famous 4-stroke traction? Today I finally swaped the rear Michelin Enduro for the Dunlop 739 - and gone is all the wheelspin!
Is there some unwritten law about stock tires having to be crap? You would expect it on XT350 but a race ready WR?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 14, 2000 - 06:41 PM

I took them off before my first ride and sold them to someone for half price.(739's) I figured it was better to get someting out of them than ride with crap tires.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.