Tire Size

4 replies to this topic
  • MRT

Posted June 14, 2000 - 04:55 AM

Well I guess it time I change my tires. I am going to get 756's front and rear. Was interested in what size rear tires everyone is running. I have a 99 WR and ride mostly in south Jersey - Fast whooped up sand trails and tight woods. Thanks,

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 14, 2000 - 08:31 AM

I like the 756s, I just put a new one on the front of my WR. The rear 756 I have used was a 110/100x18 I think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 14, 2000 - 10:19 AM

Why 756's and not 739's

Just curious.

• Eric_in_WA

Posted June 14, 2000 - 03:53 PM

The D756 front is light years better for sticking in the turns than the D739 - personal experience. If you don't believe me read MXA - ALL of the MXA staff use D756 front tires on their own bikes. If that isn't an endorsement, I don't know what is.

D756 rear is much better in soft stuff that the D739, and the D756 is pretty close to the D739 in the hard stuff - personal opinion.

Bottom Line - I love the Dunlop 756's.

Eric in WA

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 14, 2000 - 06:35 PM

I'll echo that the 756, at least for the rear is a great set-up. The last issue of DB said that just because a tire is rated for a particular terrain, it doesn't mean it won't before well in others. The 756 is a soft terrain tire however, DB mag indicates that they love the tire's ability to paddle in the soft stuff and hook-up on the hard stuff with excellent wear.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.