WR426f dissappointed???

10 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 12, 2000 - 05:30 AM

It's funny but am I the only one thats excited about this new bike? Its about time that the WR gets an update, Yamaha needs to keep up with the competition and I would like to see the WR stay top. I've heard that the move to a 426 will keep the WR out of its class, in AMA D37 desert,enduro all they know is I ride an open bike. I invite the extra power. Plus I notice everyone on this site spends tons of money trying to get their bike faster, this should give those guys a good head start, as soon as the WR gets a E-button is when I'll start to look elsewhere! Dan

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 12, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Dan, In my opinion you can never have enough bottom end. This is the way to get it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 12, 2000 - 09:26 PM

Right on Kev..

• Bryan

Posted June 12, 2000 - 09:53 PM

My conclusion after the nasty, tight, rocky enduro from hell I did this weekend:
Screw the extra power! What I need is MUCH less weight, shorter legs, and more experience!

Maybe I need to do a desert enduro instead to better suit my WR and my riding style?

Bryan...

• AngryCandy

Posted June 12, 2000 - 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Bryan:
My conclusion after the nasty, tight, rocky enduro from hell I did this weekend:
Screw the extra power! What I need is MUCH less weight, shorter legs, and more experience!

Maybe I need to do a desert enduro instead to better suit my WR and my riding style?

Bryan...

I'll take whatever you don't want in leg length. (30 in. inseam)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 12, 2000 - 11:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bryan:
Bryan, Ya know Yamaha makes a 125!
Just kidding!!!

• BlueHondaEater

Posted June 12, 2000 - 12:16 PM

Where can I get info on the new WR426? is it in Dirtbike mag or what?
Thanks!

• jlm400

Posted June 12, 2000 - 02:05 PM

Well bryan It looks like we are in the same boat. Although I dont mind the wieght of my yz400 near as much as you seem to mind the WR wieght. Either way it looks like you should jump ship with me a buy a new 2001 YZ 250F. I am looking for something really light (yet 4-stroke) that I can throw around in the tight stuff.

Are you with me?

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 13, 2000 - 02:19 AM

Originally posted by Dan Lorenze:
I invite the extra power. Plus I notice everyone on this site spends tons of money trying to get their bike faster, this should give those guys a good head start, as soon as the WR gets a E-button is when I'll start to look elsewhere! Dan

But is it extra power or a different power curve?
Is a 426 'faster' than a 400??
I have a YZ400 and need no more bottom end... and I feel the 426 signs off a little early for my liking.
So in essence with the WRs timing making it fall short on top sompared to the YZ and the bigger bore.. the WR will have more bottom end and less top..
Naaa... not for me..

But the E-start... I'll deff be buying one!!

Why won't you be buying one with a E-start?
I'm sure that by the time they add the 'E' there will be massive wieght savings.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 13, 2000 - 05:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt Porritt:
[B] But is it extra power or a different power curve?
Is a 426 'faster' than a 400??

Matt, I recently rode my friends YZ426, I was humbled how fast it was, infact im sure it has more power than most of us will use, but with the WR gearbox I think this will be the ultimate off road machine!! Yes its true I dont need an E-button, part of me feels that if you cant start the WR you have no business riding one, but I realize that in the future most bike will have them, my WR starts 1st time (always). Also I dont want the extra weight to throw around. Dan
-------------------------------------------
98 WR,Stock pipe & timing,Fineline sus.,Scotts clamp and stabilizer,Pro-tapers,Pacemaker3,IMS 3.3,4.0 YZ seat, TM designs chain-slider,IMS Pro-pegs,Factory-effex,Driven DS kit(sometimes)

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 13, 2000 - 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Dan Lorenze:
Matt, I recently rode my friends YZ426, I was humbled how fast it was, infact im sure it has more power than most of us will use

A YZ with a pipe on it has more power than a stock 426..
Its just a different style of delivery.
Yes a stock 400 IS more power than most mere-mortals can use.

If they come out with a 426 (or bigger) E-start.. I'll prob end up buying one and sleeving it down (or using a 400 barrel etc) to 399cc to keep in the class I'm running.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.