MOAB date Oct 7-8 or 14-15??????

6 replies to this topic
  • Mike

Posted June 09, 2000 - 07:40 PM

I have read both dates. Which one is it. There may be confusion out there. I personally prefer the 7-8 because of the holiday on Monday. Please confirm which weekend it is???? I am in either way

MIke

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 10, 2000 - 02:07 AM

Mike,
I hope it is Oct 7-8. Those are my commitment dates.

• YZFWrench

Posted June 10, 2000 - 04:21 PM

Oct. 7-8 gets my vote also. Also going to the U.S. Open MX thing in Vegas in late Oct.

Hey Kevin- I was a MM (non-nuke) on a boomer in the Atlantic from '83 to '87, stayed away from the fast attacks though.

Phil
'00 YZ426

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 10, 2000 - 05:04 PM

Hey Phil,
I was on a Trident from 86-90 out of Kings Bay, GA (89-90). We were in EB for new construction until Jan 89. We never knew how lucky we (us nubs) were. We thought shipyard duty sucked. We were in 4 and then later 5 section duty. And then the fun began. I spent the final 1.5 years operating out of P-Can doing missle ops and Mark 48 Cert. Boy, did I come to love P-Can! What a GREAT PLACE!
Aside from the crappy times, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

• YZFWrench

Posted June 12, 2000 - 06:01 AM

Hey Kevin-
My boat was out of Pigs Bay . . er, Kings bay, but the crew was stationed in Charleston, SC. I wouldn't extend for the Yards so I spent my last 9 months of "duty to Uncle" on a sub tender. Those were NOT the days! :)

Phil

[This message has been edited by YZFWrench (edited 06-12-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 12, 2000 - 06:15 AM

Canopis? (pronounced Can-o-pus)

The only time I was on that ship was to get some alloy 600 (inconel) piping to maintain my welders quals on the boat. Talk about lacking education...The few squids I met on board didn't seem too bright.

• Wrench

Posted June 14, 2000 - 03:29 PM

Uhmmm. . . I think I was on the Holland (I try to block that part of my life out of my memory :) ), the Canopis was still in Scotland. You think the tender guys were bad, you should've seen the dry dock crew!

Phil

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.