Anyone (CA folks)been to Kennedy Meadows lately?

6 replies to this topic
  • Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted June 10, 2000 - 05:38 PM

Thinking about going up to check it out and wanted to know a little about the place. Like whats the temperture at 7800 - 9000 feet? :)

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F
97 YZF1000
99 400EX
95 RA1100

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted June 10, 2000 - 06:04 PM

Haven't gotten up to the meadows yet, it's been in the 80's with a nice breeze down on the desert floor, feels great. I'm only an hour from there let me know if you go....

I may have to find a different pipe though, I think the Ranger will object to my PC IV SA...to loud :-)

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 10, 2000 - 06:40 PM

Have never been but would love to go :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted June 11, 2000 - 02:08 PM

Just retured from Kennedy/Troy meadows. I stayed in the Troy Meadows campground (Alttitude approx 8000') temp's 38-42f night, 77-83f daytime, just about perfect. Did about 300 trail miles in 5days then went down to Kernville and did the Dual Dogs Dual sport ride. Had a great time. The temperatures will get slighly warmer as summer wears on.

I'l try and get back up there in another 3 weeks or so. Currently there are a 139 miles of legal single track trail and lots of logging roads if you have a plate. The ranger station at Blackrock has free off road trail maps and regualar forest maps for sale. I like the riding and the moderate temperatures. Of cours I'v ridden up there for the last 20years and know where all the trails and roads go especilly the ones that no longer appear on the forest service maps.

Clark

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted June 11, 2000 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Clark!
Im gonna call some of my pals right now ... and see when we can go :)

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F
97 YZF1000
99 400EX
95 RA1100

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 11, 2000 - 06:08 PM

Clark,
Thanks for the info.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 13, 2000 - 01:27 PM

Just to update anyone who is interested, The Prairie Dogs MC will be camped at Fish Creek Overflow on
June 23rd,24th,25th. We invite anyone interested to
come on up and ride, we will provide gas & lunch truck for some long loops at no charge. Look for a white
Chevy Dually & Fleetwood SUT enclosed and a white
Ford Dually with a Wilderness Travel Trailer.

Mike Parrott
mparrott@thomas.com
Prairie Dogs MC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.