Seat cleaning tips?

9 replies to this topic
  • Tireguy63

Posted July 23, 2007 - 07:45 AM

Hello fellow thumpers!

The WR450 is an amazing bike...I am in love. Went riding yestyerday in a state park in Missouri and had a great time. I have the 07 WR450

I am really particular about cleaning after a ride. My seat has some mud on it...would a soft nylon brush with warm soapy water work to get the mud off? Then I thought using Armor All will give it a nice shine...is Armor All safe for the seat?

Thanks for your advice guys.

Jeff

• WR_Dave

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:14 AM

Sorry , I always laugh :busted: alot when I hear of people Armorall-ing their seats. A friend did that a few years ago and he kept sliding all over the bike and then spent several days with many products trying to get it off.It still makes me pee myself thinking of him trying to ride that day:crazy: . Just use a soft brush and some simple green, hose it off and be happy. WR Dave.

• Murray Dorward

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:55 AM

Try not to use any silicon based sprays on your seat as you will slip and slide all over the place. I agree it makes it look nice and clean but trust me, when you try do a hill climb and you slip of the seat and you look like something out of the X-Games and flip your bike you will think twice before you pull that Sh@T again. Use any soap you want but no SILICON.

Cheers

Muz
:ride: :sa: :ride:

• Tireguy63

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:58 AM

Yes, you are right armor all would make it quite slippery. Simple Green is good stuff.....

Thanks

• Tireguy63

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:59 AM

Yes, you are tight. No silicone....

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF250dude26

Posted July 23, 2007 - 09:14 AM

A Mr. clean majic eraser works good.

• Woodshop

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Dawn dish soap water scothbrite pad use on grips too drys kinda tacky:thumbsup:

• dirtrider04

Posted August 06, 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hello fellow thumpers!

The WR450 is an amazing bike...I am in love. Went riding yestyerday in a state park in Missouri and had a great time. I have the 07 WR450

I am really particular about cleaning after a ride. My seat has some mud on it...would a soft nylon brush with warm soapy water work to get the mud off? Then I thought using Armor All will give it a nice shine...is Armor All safe for the seat?

Thanks for your advice guys.

Jeff

i use it for most parts of my bike that are plastic including the seat i havnt felt slippery on my bike:excuseme: it make it look new again:worthy: :ride: :busted:

• TyeeHusky

Posted August 06, 2007 - 12:43 PM

use what I use to wash my bike. Sazuki bike cleaner. Spary it on, use a soapy mit and rub. Then spay it off it looks like new. I do this to my bike and the kids and they look like they just came off the showroom floor.

As for the bike. I just spray it on and hose off and people think my bike is brand new. they can tell from my boot rub marks on case and frame that it is not. Awesome stuff

• beatle_bayly

Posted August 07, 2007 - 03:52 AM

For grainy vinyl try using a microfibre cloth with a little soapy water. I find this works very well, and also use one of these cloths dampened with plain water to lift the crud out of plastic and vinyl inside the car. For stubborn greasy spots, try window cleaner or white vinegar with the cloth, then rinse.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.