WR400F vs WR250F Seat Height

No replies to this topic
  • BillC

Posted June 12, 2000 - 08:45 AM

As much as my 9 year son enjoys watching me perform slow-motion fallovers, the thought of an easier to maneuver bike (my benchmark is my old IT250) is attractive. From what I can tell, my 2000WR has a 38.5" seat height and weighs in at 240 dry, but the Yamaha site does not yet post official dimensions for the WR250F (although the YZ250F lists a height of 39.3 inches, equal to that of the WR426F, w/a rumored weight of 215lbs).

Has anybody heard anything about the WR250F? Or, should I look to swap the tank and seat on my 400, as somebody in the group had said they thought the bike felt shorter? My riding is 1st-3rd gear stuff in Eastern PA (coal country and woods) with my 9yr old son on his PW80 in tow.... Not a big problem, as I find the bike more controllable the more I ride it, and I would never want something sedate like an XT350 (had one several years ago, easy to ride but otherwise a piece of junk). In fact, I find the low-end grunt of the WR400 to be lacking. Would my 400 get "lighter" w/YZ timing and a better pipe? Thoughts?????

2000 WR400F, 2000 Polaris 400 Scrambler

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.