Frame Protection?

7 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted June 10, 2000 - 07:55 AM

what do you guys use to protect your frame? i dont really want to buy thoes expensive alluminum frame guards. i notices mitch's super motard bike had some king of white stuff on the frame. whats that? it looks like some kind of vinel(don't know how to spell) where can i get some of this? does it actually work?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 10, 2000 - 08:27 AM

Ray,
I used to use Acerbis plastic frame guards. The plastic wore through where my boots were rubbing against them. I now use the (expensive) works connection aluminum frame guards. I am quite happy with them.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 10, 2000 - 06:19 PM

I too have the Works Connection frame guards and my frame looks great. Spend the money. Good investment.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 10, 2000 - 08:26 PM

I use genuine Yamaha alloy ones (got them from Yamaha dealer)
Now being a E Line dealer I may try some carbon-fibre ones! :)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted June 11, 2000 - 01:47 AM

I have white brothers frame guards, but for above the frame guards and the engine case I use clear vinyl. The stuff that I use (and sell, only in Australia, sorry.) is really good stuff, and won't fall off, even water blaster resistant. I actually put it on all my plastics as well, and 12 months from now you would think my bike is only 4 weeks old, no **** you should try it sometime. I was told about it by a sign writter friend who has been doing it for years, and he claims that the re-sale value is excellent.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 11, 2000 - 01:48 PM

Hey Rodney where do you suggest picking up some of that vinyl stuff here in the good ol us of a?

• Scott

Posted June 11, 2000 - 01:49 PM

My bike had carbon fiber frame guards on when I bought it. :) Love em!

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed

• Jeff_in_AZ

Posted June 11, 2000 - 07:04 PM

I tried using some ski saver I had laying around. It worked for about six rides before it started peeling up. After that, I bought the Maier frame guards which have held up well for over 3 months of riding close to every weekend.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.