What happened to ATK?

2 replies to this topic
  • ScottyR

Posted June 09, 2000 - 12:03 PM

You will have to excuse me but I have been away from dirt bikes for about 6-7 years and just getting back into it. Does ATK still exist? You never read about them in any mags anymore. Back in the late 80s/early 90s ATKs were all the rage. They had some pretty trick stuff at one time! What happened? Scotty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 09, 2000 - 01:41 PM

They're still around. I think the factory is in Utah now.

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted June 11, 2000 - 07:18 PM

They reside in Centerville Utah 5 miles from where I grew up. I heard rumors that KTM/Husaberg bought them and that Husaberg is for sale as well. The factory is about as big as your house and a couple of your neighbors combined. Rumor also has it that There will be no more Rotax engines in them and that they will get Husaberg plants in the thumpers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.