Start Jet Clarification

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 06, 2000 - 04:51 AM

I am preparing to remove my octopus on my '98 WR this week. Have read all the posts and printed out Clark's instructions to put under my pillow at night for osmosis purposes. Wanted to make sure that I am clear on this step:

Clark's instructions suggest to replace the #60 or #62 stock WR start jet with the #65 start jet. I was looking in my owner's service manual and it states that the '98 WR came stock with a #65 start jet. Is this a step that I can skip now or am I missing something?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 06, 2000 - 05:34 PM

Richard,
My '99 came stock with a 62 start jet. Now whether you are immune to this required change, I don't know.

• Clark_Mason

Posted June 11, 2000 - 12:30 PM

The start jet only comes into play when using the choke. If you primarily ride below 2000' the 65 should be fine. If you primarily ride above 2000' then the 60 would be a better choice. I have run both the 65 and the 60 and since the majority of my riding is above 2000' I'v setteled on the 60. Remember it only affects the richness of the choke circuit.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.