cracked crankcase 450 questions?

4 replies to this topic
  • heated450

Posted July 22, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Well,

03 yz450

Ive got a crack in the left hand crankcase half just in front of the front sprocket cuased by a broken chain.

Can the crankcases from the yzf quad 450 motor be used on my 03 yz450? what years? or the cases from a 426 maybe? or what years of yz450 cases will work as a replacement?

• grayracer513

Posted July 22, 2007 - 03:42 PM

The only cases that will interchange are those from a YZ450 '03-'05. Everything else is different.

Look into having yours welded and machined if needed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motomanmike26

Posted July 22, 2007 - 03:59 PM

a cheap fix, idk if it will work or not for you but it did for me. i just got some quick aluminum from rocky mtn atv. works great

• heated450

Posted July 22, 2007 - 04:35 PM

I tried patching it with some similar stuff but its still leaking oil from the push lever where the clutch cable connects.

• dirtriderr17

Posted July 22, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well,

03 yz450

Ive got a crack in the left hand crankcase half just in front of the front sprocket cuased by a broken chain.

well its not only because a broken chain. you probably had the chain to tight, causing the crankcase to crack then having the chain brake...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.