250f Vs 450f

23 replies to this topic
  • Erik47

Posted July 26, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Maintenance will be higher with a 250F, not in terms of oil changes and filter cleanings, or for that matter, rear tire replacements :smirk: but they do wear out faster simply because the engines in the little bikes revs much higher most of the time (meaning the engine "goes farther" in an hour than the big bike), and they work to a larger percentage of their total capacity.

In their element, they are a lot of fun, no question. Everyone is different, but I'd miss the big bike if it were me.

i actually go through tires quicker on my 450 than my 250f, the 450 has so much raw power that is wears those rears down really quick, my rear tire on my 450 is already rounded after a 3 hr ride on a intermediate terrain track with an intermediate terrain tire

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2007 - 03:14 PM

i actually go through tires quicker on my 450 than my 250f, the 450 has so much raw power that is wears those rears down really quick, my rear tire on my 450 is already rounded after a 3 hr ride on a intermediate terrain track with an intermediate terrain tire

That's what I said.

BTW, try a Dunlop 952. Sounds like you're using a 756.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted July 26, 2007 - 03:24 PM

That's what I said.

BTW, try a Dunlop 952. Sounds like you're using a 756.

How does the 952 compare to the 756...I am curently running the 756 on the front and the back. The next change I am going to put a the 742FA on and maybe this 952 if you say it is a good tire. Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2007 - 04:32 PM

You'll like the 742FA a lot if you don't do much real hard pack. It's excellent in anything you might call intermediate to mid/soft.

The 952 is a very good all around tire that has excellent range, and stellar straight line traction in intermediate soils. It works good to very good or better in every soil condition except full soft, and it may even be good there (it's fine in sand), I just never have a reason to run a soft soil tire, so it's hard to make the comparison. It corners well, transitions from stuck to slipping controllably, and it's cheap. It also wears exceptionally well, better than a Maxxis IT. It may not end up your favorite tire, but it's certainly worth trying.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.