Is the XR650L seat same for all years?

6 replies to this topic
  • tbrazil

Posted July 22, 2007 - 06:59 AM

I'm looking at getting another seat for my 2002 XR650L which I can experiment with. I want to try and modify the foam to make it more comfortable. I don't want to cut up my current seat so I'm looking at getting a second seat.
I see someone selling a seat for a 1994 XL650L. Is the seat mount the same between a 1994 XL and a 2002 XL?

Thx Tim

• Huffa 2

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:12 AM

I'm quite sure from 93 on up they are all the same but not a 100% positive.

:excuseme: You may want to just do the sheep skin method like Jeff did here.

I don't think any amount of customizing the stock seat padding could give you the comfort of this ?

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

Posted Image

• dman3998

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:14 AM

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:22 AM

Seats should be the same, do yourself and your backside a favor and get a Corbin. you will never regret it and for me it was the best money I ever spent on my 650L. rode 1400 miles of the TAT this spring and would not have made it on the stock seat. I think I have better control while seated even, because it is wider and you can put some english on

Do you have a good pic of it on the bike, those Corbin's I always thought looked funny on the bike due to the shape but if comfort is your main objective then I guess they must look that way ?

Maybe it was a weird angle I saw it, that's why I ask for a few detailed pic's of it.

• dman3998

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:34 AM

I'll get you one, it do look a little on the "funny" side but when I rode the stock seat my butt was feeling pain after an hour so I can handle funny.

dman

• tbrazil

Posted July 22, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for the info and ditto on the butt pain after 1 hour of riding - Tim

• dman3998

Posted July 22, 2007 - 08:49 PM

This is not mine but it is a Corbin on a 650l

Ebay #250146141213

I got the red sides on mine, looks more factory

I paid $376.00 so if you like the all black one, I would ask how many miles, they break in to YOUR butt in about 1000-1500 miles. so unless the guy only rode it a few or is the same size as you. go for the new one.

dman

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.