XR650R hydraulic clutch

8 replies to this topic
  • coilcab

Posted July 21, 2007 - 10:13 PM

Hi Just wondering if anyone has a Magura hydraulic clutch on there xr650r. Is it worth the effort to fit, do you get a lighter clutch pull, any pics of it fitted would be good.

• Billahjack

Posted July 23, 2007 - 05:28 AM

I was thinking of this too but I just don't use the clutch enough where I live to justify it. Maybe if I rode tighter trails, I would get one. Let us know how well it works if you get one.

• JackAttack

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:31 AM

I was thinking of this too but I just don't use the clutch enough where I live to justify it. Maybe if I rode tighter trails, I would get one. Let us know how well it works if you get one.

I concur.

The 650R has enough torque that you rarely need to feather the clutch. I rarely touch the clutch on most wide open rides. When you are going to be in the tight stuff just gear it down to 13/48 and it lugs great without stalling.

650L guys might need a lighter clutch pull due to the limp wristed riders though. :smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted July 23, 2007 - 08:55 AM

I concur.

The 650R has enough torque that you rarely need to feather the clutch. I rarely touch the clutch on most wide open rides. When you are going to be in the tight stuff just gear it down to 13/48 and it lugs great without stalling.

650L guys might need a lighter clutch pull due to the limp wristed riders though. :smirk:

oh yeah??:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted July 23, 2007 - 03:28 PM

I concur.

now that's funny, anyhow, I've got the Magura, it works great, it eased up the pull , but not by any huge margin. No more adjusting the clutch now though...........They are a bit pricey, I'd recommend one if you have the extra $$, just make sure you route the hose properly to avoid a pinch on your Scott's tower if you have one.............

• coilcab

Posted July 23, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Does anyone have any pics of it setup esp at the clutch arm end

• Kenaroo

Posted July 23, 2007 - 07:30 PM

Summers Racing Componets does a great write up on the XR650R clutch pull

http://www.srcinc.net/html/101-02.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Billahjack

Posted July 27, 2007 - 11:34 AM

What's with the zip tie? Is it temporary while the motor is torn down or does it stay on for riding?

• hill5150

Posted July 27, 2007 - 10:04 PM

Not sure about the zip tie but my Magura works great, you eliminate the spring w/ the package (Magura) and have no clutch adjustment, add the Hinson and your are good 2 go........:applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.