OT: Traffic Tickets

34 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:07 PM

Mitch, Adam Henry is police slang for @$$ hole.

Brian, to write or not to write....you're somewhat correct. Sometimes your dead meat before you open your mouth but......as Mitch discovered officers have "discretion" on what they write.... 110mph could be "speeding" or "jail" depending.... As far a quota's go no such thing at my department but that's an employee performace issue. If you don't write any are you doing your job? You need a few but there is no set number, truly. And really "no kidding" this guy NEEDS a ticket just aren't that hard to come by. If you drive in California you know I speek the truth :)

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:15 PM

Hey LawDog,

If an Adam Henry is an a-hole. Then is a Dough Henry a d-head... :)

What is your first name by the way, I have a hard time with seudonyms. Also, are you coming along to the Moab bash? Love to have you there. To help with getting out of tickets.. :D Seriosuly though, can you make it?

Mitch

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:17 PM

Mitch, I forgot your other question. My standard is 10 over, but everybody is different! It also depends on where you are and what you're doing....

In a School zone plus 10 with kids out = ticket.

Out on the main drag, light traffic plus 10 will slide.

It's a gamble, you just have to be willing to pay up if you lose ;-)

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:24 PM

Fair Call,

No to be a brown nose here, but realistically, if you speed in a school zone or residential streets where children and elderly are present, you should suffer the maximum penalty. Sorry guys, but that is how I feel.

The TV campaigning in Aust is very strong about speeding, in particular in residential zones......

Mitch

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:30 PM

Mitch,

If I remain anonymous I can post freely, so I'll remain so for now. If we meet in person I may ID myself to you then. Most people
don't realize the down side to being a Cop is I can be held accountable by my department for anything I say, 24/7. I don't know if I'll make Moab yet, sounds fun but it's to far away to know now....I have a dynamic schedule!

I do post regularly under my "real" name :)

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 07, 2000 - 04:38 PM

Hey LawDog,

I know who you are by the way you write....Good for you.

Bud, if you can make it that would really be great. Dont worry, if you turn up, no one will ever know and I can REALLY appreciate your situation. I have two police officers in the family. Brother inlaw and Cousin.

Car Pooling and trains are a big thing. As far as car pooling from CA, I am trying to arrange all that. As far as trains go, information will continue to flow and you can get feedback that way.

Dynamic Schedule. Sure. But if you allolcate the time now, the schedule will be REALLY dynamic that weekend. :)

Mitch

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 07, 2000 - 05:56 PM

Law Dog,
Dude,
Don't remain anonomys on my account. You notice how cops are the good guys when somebody wants one, and the bad guys when somebody doesn't want one. That would be the defination of a hypocrite. If I get pulled over for speeding (4X in 23 years) the cop is not the bad guy. It was a bad gamble on my part and I take full responsibility for it. Shame on those people that would hold that against you for your job. I too have a controversial job and people have targeted me and hate me FOR MY JOB! They don't even know me, yet I have already received a "BAD" label. It is all a bunch of crap! Those people need to grow up!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 07, 2000 - 06:00 PM

Law Dog,
Dude,
Don't remain anonomys on my account. You notice how cops are the good guys when somebody wants one, and the bad guys when somebody doesn't want one. That would be the defination of a hypocrite. If I get pulled over for speeding (4X in 23 years) the cop is not the bad guy. It was a bad gamble on my part and I take full responsibility for it. Shame on those people that would hold that against you for your job. I too have a controversial job and people have targeted me and hate me FOR MY JOB! They don't even know me, yet I have already received a "BAD" label. It is all a bunch of crap! Those people need to grow up!

It would be my pleasure in inviting you to come out to Moab with us. Our love of motorcycles is bringing us together. If this has something to do with jobs, income or any more superfluous crap, heck, I'll just stay home!! Maybe we should all wear white robes like they do in Mecca and Medina so there will be no disassociation amongst us!!.

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 06-07-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 06:03 PM

JJ, that's the risk you take. I don't know what the odds are that the officer will show for court. I guess you can get lucky. I obviously did. If I ever try again and the officer appears, I'll just tell the judged I changed my mind and plead guilty. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 06:06 PM

Law Dog, you sound like a decent, professional officer. It seems like so many in your profession yield their power like a stupid kid with a gun. Just think about those poor bastards in LA. Even the good cops have a bad name. Just make sure and nail the punks who tail-gate and and weave to 90+ mph and ignore the speeders who are driving safely for the conditions. I live in So. Cal. and if you drive the speed limit, you'll get run over by old ladies in Mercedes!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2000 - 10:15 PM

where has my other reply gone?
Have I been SENSORED????????

• Bryan

Posted June 08, 2000 - 05:04 AM

Sorry dude!
Do you think I should let anyone post cheap shots towards another on this site for the sole purpose of pissing them off when we all know there is NOTHING anyone can do about it?
If your comment was meant to be fun spirited, sorry, but I didn't see it that way. But, I was also in a pissy mood yesterday due to work related headaches so maybe I'M the one that read it wrong?
Bryan...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2000 - 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Bryan:
Sorry dude!
Do you think I should let anyone post cheap shots towards another on this site for the sole purpose of pissing them off when we all know there is NOTHING anyone can do about it?
If your comment was meant to be fun spirited, sorry, but I didn't see it that way. But, I was also in a pissy mood yesterday due to work related headaches so maybe I'M the one that read it wrong?
Bryan...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2000 - 06:42 AM

Hi Boys
2 years ago iwas in the states and all cop were realy polite.And i am not the kind of smart looking yuppie .If you want peopleto be serious about things your talking about you to be the same to them .Sorry about my english normaly i am german speaking.I love to ride the blue wonder in moab.See you and have some great riding expierence !!!!

• Bill

Posted June 08, 2000 - 08:02 AM

Not sure what the message was. But glad to see postings are approved prior to being viewable. Especially when the party is not even a member. I have seen how these things can get out of control.

It is nice to know that we address issues pertinent to bikes and riding. And can do it objectivly.

Box or throw rocks!
Bill Hall

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.