Edelbrock Carb

7 replies to this topic
  • TommieZZ

Posted July 21, 2007 - 03:16 PM

Anyone have any feedback on a Edelbrock carb.for a 2004 XR650R?

• hill5150

Posted July 21, 2007 - 04:56 PM

It kicks ass, 2 whacks of the throttle fires right up, starts right up after a spill......snappy,crisp, easy to tune, w/ the stage II cam and a header system, U R good 2 go...............:thumbsup:

• TommieZZ

Posted July 21, 2007 - 05:40 PM

tell me more about a stage 2 cam.

• TommieZZ

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:35 AM

I really need some feedback....thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoX245

Posted July 22, 2007 - 09:44 AM

tell me more about a stage 2 cam.

stage II cam will give you more mid-top end power, where a stage I would give more midrange power. Cost about 200 bucks from HotCams.

• TommieZZ

Posted July 22, 2007 - 10:36 AM

do you have to rejet with a stage 2 cam?

• ssmith622

Posted July 22, 2007 - 03:30 PM

the Edelbrock carburetor has no jets to be changed. You might need to change the needle. The carburetor has an external adjustment which takes care of all fine tuning and altitude changes. My suggestion would be a good exhaust system with Heather and the Edelbrock carburetor. I have been very happy with the BARNUMS PRO DUAL EXHAUST. It is loud but with the factory cam and engine it produces more than adequate power for most people.

• XR680RR

Posted July 22, 2007 - 07:15 PM

For some dyno charts on a cam and other carburetors check out the links on this page.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

Kinda of confusing page but, you just click on the words and you go to that link. Lots of stuff if you are into horsepower out of the xr650r.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.