New FMF slip-on

6 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted July 21, 2007 - 07:14 AM

FMF Speed. Great looking pipe and the fit is excellent! On with the pictures.

Sweet box lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH YEAH!!!

Posted Image

Pipe mount

Posted Image

Nice welds on the mid pipe mount

Posted Image

Factory comparison, a lot shorter...

Posted Image

I wonder which one flows more Hmmmmmmmmm...

Posted Image

Mounted shot with side cover off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Side cover on

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love the shorter length of the pipe compared to stock, it doesn't stick a foot out past the side cover! Here's a shot of the stocker to show what I mean...

Posted Image

Pipe sounds great and is not annoying loud, probably due to using the stock head pipe. The spec list says it's 99db or less. Bike does have bit more grunt to it now, very happy with it!

• eissinger4

Posted July 21, 2007 - 12:31 PM

How much quieter is the stock pipe?? How much of a difference in power did you notice between the two??

• kevinwr450f

Posted July 21, 2007 - 02:01 PM

Mark, Were you able to use your stock exhaust clamp on the FMF? I wasn't, it seemed too big even when screwed all the way in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted July 21, 2007 - 03:15 PM

The FMF's don't necessarily need a clamp. You can put some RTV on the inside of the midpipe and it's a tight enough fit that it'll seal. I use a T-Bolt exhaust clamp from Summit Racing. No worries after that...

A quick word of caution...be careful with the Titanium on the main portion of the can. It's beer can thin and will dent/crease if you look at it wrong, but it's still a great pipe...SC

• xrmarty

Posted July 21, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Mark, Were you able to use your stock exhaust clamp on the FMF? I wasn't, it seemed too big even when screwed all the way in.

as said above, there is no need for the clamp. If you look closely there are no notches at the end of the pipe which you will find on the stock pipe. These notches allow to the clamp to "crimp" the pipe so that it tightens on the header.

• Mutu

Posted July 21, 2007 - 11:20 PM

Have fun with the new found power!

• PROWLER 58

Posted July 22, 2007 - 10:39 AM

Mark, what did you have to do with jetting ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.