Aussie Special complete

8 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted July 21, 2007 - 07:13 AM

My goal was to make a dual purpose bike as similar to the old Aussie xr600r as possible. I wanted to stay with Honda lights and use an AC system. I used the ProCycle harness and handlebar switch, very easy installation for around $200. I got the turn signals from eBay. Using a rear rack was the best way for me to mount the Honda turn signals. I do not have high/low beam, but I can live without that as I do little riding at night. It has a Staintune muffler, stock headers, FCR 41 carb, xl tail light. I'm running a size 42 pilot jet that gives me 3% CO exhaust at idle. Tires are Maxxis 6006.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Huffa 2

Posted July 21, 2007 - 07:56 AM

NICE, VERY, VERY NICE! :thumbsup: Real CLEAN too !!

That's my favorite color combo for the white Honda's although I like mine a lot too.

I see a few have that rack, who makes it, how much ?

• exaresix

Posted July 21, 2007 - 08:36 AM

The rack is by ProMoto Billet ($159):

http://www.promotobi...products_id/177

One of the nice things about it is that they also make a mounting bracket for turn signals that screws into the rack.

• Fenty

Posted July 21, 2007 - 09:30 AM

a nice set of Renthals on there to replace the stock waterpipe jobbies and you're done.

I've seen bikes in a show room that aren't as clean as that one!!! Nice Job!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • exaresix

Posted July 21, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Thanks all for the 'clean' comments! When you take it apart 50 times just to get things right, it kinda winds up that way.

• Huffa 2

Posted July 21, 2007 - 01:29 PM

Just so happen to have a shot with nicer bars on, I couldn't stand the white ones.

These are Tag CR bend, double high.

Just nice to have a set of quality bars on, ya know . :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• exaresix

Posted July 21, 2007 - 02:27 PM

For sure on those bars! They look good too.

• creeky

Posted July 21, 2007 - 05:56 PM

Super job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: congratulations, the "six-hunny" is still a terrific do-it-all bike.

• Slim Shadetree

Posted July 21, 2007 - 08:55 PM

looks sweet ! nice work

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.