Bog off idle

6 replies to this topic
  • Rich331

Posted July 20, 2007 - 09:06 PM

I have a 07 WR450 and it bogs off idle when you blip the throttle. It does affect it on tight slow trails.

Did all the free mods (AIS removal, gray wire, airbox & exhaust mod) put a 170 main jet, adj fuel/mix screw, and went up to a 48 pilot jet Checked the accelerator pump (spot on) and still have the bog off idle. The leak jet is the only thing I have not changed.:banghead:

Is the leak jet the culprit or is there anything else I'm missing? If it's the leak jet, go to a #40??

Thanks for any input.

• ARin

Posted July 20, 2007 - 09:52 PM

either a 40 or a 35 or a zero(solder shut)

gotta play around with it, see what works.

• Rich331

Posted July 21, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Thanks.
I not very comfortable with permanently blocking off the leak jet hole though. Has anyone had this problem and found the leak jet cured the issue??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted July 21, 2007 - 06:49 PM

Read through the jetting database to get a good baseline setting, adjust your carb, accelerator pump and idle per the manual and then see what you get...SC

• trailordune

Posted July 21, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Thanks.
I not very comfortable with permanently blocking off the leak jet hole though. Has anyone had this problem and found the leak jet cured the issue??

Almost everyone with a wr and even most 4 strokes with an fcr carb has had this problem and yes changing the leak jet does cure the problem for most. I run a #35 leak with great results but think I would be fine with a 40 and save a little fuel. Time for you to see what's right for your bike/area. :ride:

• Mutu

Posted July 21, 2007 - 11:14 PM

You could lockwire the accel. pump actuator arm.
Free to do and makes a nice difference.
JD jetting kit comes with o-rings that do the same thing.

• ccoates445

Posted July 22, 2007 - 03:39 PM

I went to the 40 leak and the thicker o-ring in the jd kit. Spot-on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.