pictures on deocto.

4 replies to this topic
  • Mick_in_Wa

Posted June 04, 2000 - 08:09 PM

Does anyone have pictures on how to deoctopus your carb.A few step by steps would be great.
Thanks Mick

• Heywood

Posted June 05, 2000 - 11:24 AM

Hey Mick:

I posted a picture of my De-Octopused carb on a thread called "Air Cut Valve - Purpose". Use the search button above and search on the title. That should get you there.

I pretty much followed Clark's instructions. I got the plugs a a local Kragen Autoparts. They had a small rack of vaccum hardware.

Hope this helps,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 05, 2000 - 11:30 AM

I found the instructions pretty straight forward. The only point I stumbled was when I had to remove the air horn. I recovered quick enough though. I am very happy with the results. The bike is much, much cleaner without those bogus hoses. The octopus is hooked up to your hot start bypass. After the octopus is gone, you will ONLY have the hose that connects from your air boot (between the airbox and carb) to the hot start button and the hose from your hot start to the rubber intake manifold your carb plugs into. There are two hose connections on the carb body itself. Those two conections are plugged. I used vacuum plugs,lockwired onto the nipples, from an auto parts store. You want the plugs to be tight otherwise you WILL have a vacuum leak(s). It would be best to measure the diameter of the plugs before zooming off to the store. Or better yet, take the carb with you. This will give you a chance to clean out your accelerator pump if you haven't already. There is a picture of the octopus removed somewhere in the archives, but I do not how far back, aways I think.
Other than the plugs, everything you need is already there.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 05, 2000 - 11:45 AM

Here's the link:

• trickwarrior

Posted June 25, 2005 - 11:54 PM

Can some one please resart this thread I would like to clean my carb up. thanks :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.