Works Racing

3 replies to this topic
  • William

Posted June 01, 2000 - 07:53 PM

Has anybody had there head ported by Works Racing, they say it gives about 5 or 6 more hp, and were is the added power low end, mid, top? if anybody has please post.

2000 WR400F

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 02, 2000 - 06:17 AM

Clark had his engine ported, I believe. I also believe he felt it was NOT the bang for the buck.
I also looked into the porting by those guys. If you notice, they say their porting with a pipe, the bike rips. My question was will the bike rip w/ just a pipe? After pulling my pipes end cap off, the power boost was substantial. My airbox is also unlidded. Now I have to zip offto the store to see if the new Dirt Bike rag is in to read the pipe comparison. I cannot expect to keep up with our Moab group if I don't get a new pipe...right??

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted June 02, 2000 - 09:19 PM

Don't worry Kevin. You won't have any problems keeping up with slow old me!

Off the back Bryan...

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 06-02-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 02, 2000 - 06:43 PM

I rarely ever get a chance to open up my bike. I have never had a chance at doubles or triples yet on it yet. I have no race tracks near me anymore.
All I need is a week of mx-ing for 3 hrs per realize I am so out of shape it is not even funny. Would anybody be offended if I bring Ben-Gay to Moab. How about a Sam's Club bottle of Motrin? :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.