running trials tires!

4 replies to this topic
  • waterdirt

Posted July 20, 2007 - 02:37 AM

Just last week I switched my rear kobby for a dunlop 803 trials tire. The traction is amazing! I could never power over rocks, roots, and downed trees like I do now! :thumbsup: Just wondering how many of you guys are running them, and what you think?

• aussiefletch

Posted July 20, 2007 - 02:57 AM

I thought about using trials tyres as well, can you give us some updates on the wear rate please?

Good luck.Good thinking.

p.s.
Are they road legal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fishpost19

Posted July 20, 2007 - 03:47 AM

Yeah, I think they are road legal. There may be a few that aren't DOT approved, but all the advertised ones I've seen are, and I have an old set off a DT175 (vintage) in my back shed. From memory these had better traction than I expected. I thought "man, I'll need to buy some knobbies" (they were on the bike when I got it.) but left them on, went for a ride and was surprised. Give it a go. I might even put these tyres onto my rims and give em a go. Here in some Aussie forums, trail bikers with trials tyres are called poofs, but who gives a sh!t?

• byggd

Posted July 20, 2007 - 03:50 AM

http://www.thumperta...ht=trials tires

• waterdirt

Posted July 20, 2007 - 08:08 AM

The D803's are strictly trials tires and not Dot approved.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.