oil seal clutch arm replacement ???

3 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:27 PM

The seal on the left case for the shaft of the clutch arm leaks. Do I need to remove cover for this? OR can it be done any other way? Also The seal dimensions are on the fiche, will a "bearing house supplier" oil seal work just as good as OEM?

• cleonard

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:48 PM

Mine is leaking big time as well. As long as they have the same dimensioned seal it should be just as good. I have a few others that are starting to leak as well. I'm planning on getting one of the seal kits on ebay for $20. That gets all of them for a decent price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted July 20, 2007 - 04:26 AM

I was sorry I let my kick starter weep so long, cause when I did change it when doing clutch , I saw I could have done it without removing case.(pops out form outside) AND there was sand caked in the bearing! I dont want dirt in cases from clutch arm lever.

• axarob44

Posted July 20, 2007 - 12:26 PM

I just replaced my left side cover and had to replace that seal and bearing. You have to take the cover off. By the way I'm talking about an XRL. Same thing I guess. Andy

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.