Throttle Stop

8 replies to this topic
  • XDAB

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:10 PM

I am picking up a new '07 Wr450 from dealer tomorrow. We talked about some of the prescribed mods. They were pretty ignorant about this and I was certainly no help. Their suggestion was to remove (literally remove.... replace with nothing, i.e... no shorter stop), ride it and then begin process of additional mods. Question.... can the stock stop simply come out? Does a shorter one need to replace it? What risk do you run by having no stop at all? Does the yz450F carb have a stop? Ane one more question.... does the grey wire clip have to happen in conjunction with throttle stop removal/repacement?

Probably one of the more idiotic questions ever asked but ......

• ender_swift

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:15 PM

I'm very sure that you don't have to tamper with the throttle stop in order to mess with the gray wire.

• XDAB

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:25 PM

I think I'm confusing matters. My question is, if removing the throttle stop does a shorter stop have to replace it or can it just simply be removed period.

Second question is, upon removing/replacing throttle stop how imperative is it to cut grey wire?

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:35 PM

They work in conjunction w/ each other. You could just clip the gray wire and not cut the stop, but then you won't benefit by cliping the wire or you could cut the throttle stop but the bike wouldn't pull as hard as w/ the gray wire.

Drill out the inner baffle, clip the gray wire, and cut the stop and tell us how you like the bike :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XDAB

Posted July 20, 2007 - 03:29 AM

Do you have to cut the stop or can it be simply removed?

• PaulButler

Posted July 20, 2007 - 04:00 AM

Do you have to cut the stop or can it be simply removed?

You need a stop. To get the full throttle the WR stop must be shortened (it should be the same length as the YZ stop) or the YZ stop can be used.

Do the Grey wire mod with the throttle stop mod.

:cheers:

• WR_Dave

Posted July 20, 2007 - 04:40 AM

With no stop screw at all you run the risk of pulling the slide too far out of the carb body and getting it stuck wide open, also the TPS signal to the CDI will be way out of range and who knows what sort of problems that could cause. The grey wire is for changing the mapping to YZ standards and some guys prefer the more controlled power delivery of the stock WR timing map. Try it both ways and determine which way you prefer to have the timing, it's free to try. WR Dave

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 20, 2007 - 10:40 AM

The grey wire is for changing the mapping to YZ standards and some guys prefer the more controlled power delivery of the stock WR timing map. Try it both ways and determine which way you prefer to have the timing, it's free to try. WR Dave

The guy has prior 2 stroke experience as well as prior big bore experience and I think he'll want to do the gray wire mod.

Hell I came off a put put bike and I appreciate the added snap of the gray wire mod

• WR_Dave

Posted July 20, 2007 - 08:59 PM

Then he will have the experience to decide for himself. WR Dave.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.